Jamo S 805 Floor Standing Speakers (Pair) - Black

Jamo S 805 Floor Standing Speakers (Pair) - Black

OK, so I’m the first to buy and comment. Full disclosure - I’m an avid music listener but not an audiophile. Handy enough that I have built my own subwoofer for my car, but not so extreme to profess hearing the difference between tube and solid state amps :).

The speakers replaced a very old set of DBX speakers with separate tweeter & mids plus a subwoofer. No comparing 30 yr old equipment to new, the 805s blew them away across the board - high/mid/low. When pushed with the amp set flat, if anything I feel that the 805s could use a little more mid-range, but I found it ok bumping the equalizer. This is a very minor point for me, not a complaint.

The packaging was protective of the contents from the handlers and drivers who appeared to do their best against the box with bumped corners and a small tear. The speakers are perfect; I cannot see any outward damage that would cause them to be re-manufactured. Installation with screwdriver for the isolating feet (no easy way to put on carpet spikes, but probably doable). They are tall at about 33 in, but narrow enough to not take over my small living room - really the same footprint as having satellites, but with much better sound. Bottom line for me - for less than $200 delivered, I’m extremely happy with the speakers and pissed that I didn’t replace them years ago. YMMV.

1 Like