Jana Cathedral Cabernet Sauvignon Magnum

Had this wine (out of a 750) at the annual Scott Harvey dinner in Wooster, OH a couple months ago. Paired beautifully with a Smoked & Braised CAB (Certified Angus Beef) Chuck Ragu with Root Vegetables and Ohio City Pasta.

Really drinking well right now but would probably be inclined to cellar this bottling for another year or two since it’s a magnum which ages more slowly.

So would you say its drinking window is that narrow? Just curious, as the 2005 and 2007 can both likely age another 5-10 easily, probably a lot more…

No, not at all. I just wouldn’t open that window yet for the magnum even though the regular bottling is already drinking well. I’m no Robert Parker but would estimate a drinking window of 2017-2030 for the magnum.

Hopefully Scott will drop by with a more definitive recommendation.

ugh tempted.

I’m sure most of us are already aware, but just for newcomers: THIS wine right here is prized by many of the longest running customers of WineWoot!. Several vintages of it have been on here, and with exception to a few corked bottles of the '05 YEARS ago, it has never come close to disappointing. A bit on the spendier side, sure, but worth every penny.