JanKris Estate Mixed Red Case

Ummmmm…No.

To steal the recently coined term… Cork-blocked by the winery. Guess they made my decision easy. No shipping to NH, no trying or sharing their wines for me.

Wow, that was what our family always had on hand when I was growing up. I really developed a liking for it when I was around 12-18 years old. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

IS THIS THE LOWEST EVER (PRICE PER BOTTLE)W.W OFFER?

no…during the woot off i got a case of the kaleidoscope for $84.98, including shipping.

All’s quiet on the wine.woot front… Too quiet.

I guess the rats were all poisoned.

That’s awesome. Almost lost my coffee on that remark. :slight_smile:

Well, according to the winery website, each of the 4 reds is priced at $18. Even without shipping, $90/216 = a 58% discount so this is a good deal.

The fact that these may be lower priced wines doesn’t mean they’re not a good value. We’ll see what the 'rats have to say.

Reading all this, Im happy i bought my pedroncelli case last month for 10 bucks more. and its very tasty!

Although, look at the mixed feedback received on the Gazzi offering . . . ugh.

Seriously, I know that rats are quiet… where ARE they?

The Gazzi was interesting and I had very high hopes, but the Chard was perplexing. Everyone that had some in our group had different comments. The Pinot was green IMHO, the 2007 especially. All were a tad harsh. Even after some time they didn’t go where they should have gone for age, area, etc.

It is odd. Did they get the wines? Or do none of them want to be the first out of the gate?

Mother, PM for you.

Aren’t they scheduled for fedex delivery on Fridays? If that’s the case then a lot of people won’t even have them yet.

FedEx normally visits us at 1030am but they arrived today at noon and sometimes we don’t get wine packages until 230pm (central).

There are the whole temperature and tasting opportunity issues…

Let’s pump the brakes a bit. You have all weekend to deliberate, so give it some time. I’d rather a thorough report than a rushed one anyways.

I ordered the Jancris 5 pack sampler in the fall of 2009 and it was pretty bad stuff. I let a couple of the bottles cellar, but that also did not help.

Although it didn’t get poured down the sink, it was consumed with friends after a few other bottles of higher quality wine had been drunk that evening.

I would have to say, after purchasing many Woot wines, this was definetely the worst offering I have purchased. Proceed with caution!

Dude, I was a rat last Friday - wines arrived about 1:30 Friday afternoon, Pacific Coast time and I was the first rat to squeak . . .

Agreed… seems like too much bad press on this deal. I wish the winery would contribute to the discussion.