JanKris Winery Chardonnay Case

Why do some vine yards actually think the taste of OAK is a good thing. I want the fruit not the wood. Wasn’t that why Chards went to the back of the bus anyway?

Again want to know amount of stainless steel and oak. I’m confused how both types were used. I prefer no oaky taste so please let me know will I like this?
Sure would like to order but need to know?

What the hell is the proper pronunciation of meme? I always say it in my head as maim, because that’s generally the response it illicits.

It is actually like “meeeeeem”.

It’s all about balance.

I agree, for people with “unsophisticated” palates(like me) wine, much like music is subjective…if you like it it’s good.

This is simply nonsense. There are both subjective and objective aspects of one’s palate.

You’re probably relatively new here. This is a topic that comes up from time to time. There are different views on the subject, but it was covered in detail, and at length, here: A Cat Died in My Mouth! (or) How to Develop the Professional Palate YOU Want!

If you’re seriously interested in the topic, you will find that thread a seminar level discussion of the issues, interspersed with more or less helpful comments.

And I’ve still yet to see a note from anyone who’s actually tasted this one! Is this offering that obscure or a unique just-for-woot wine?

(edit)
And now I’ve finally read the woot info:
JanKris Winery was acquired by local entrepreneur and wine enthusiast Matthew Talbert, who immediately launched a new era under the new name of Veris Cellars. Matthew initiated sweeping improvements in the winery’s visitor facilities, winemaking program and viticultural practices, with the goal of taking the Veris Cellars tradition to the next level.

So, does this mean this wine is ‘left-over’ from the previous owner and we shall no longer see the JanKris name?

Wife wants some white wine - but would really like to hear what this wine is like. Weird - a whole day and no one’s tasted this?