JanKris Winery Paso Robles Picaro (12)

According to cellar tracker, not terribly enjoyable. It is a ‘big’ red for really cheap though…

sample review:
To get this wine to be drinkable, it must be decanted for at least a couple of hours. Far too much bite to be drinkable without that. And after waiting three hours, you get a wine that is just not worth the wait. Very bad QPR. (2637 views)

Maybe a good base for Sangria?

Sooo glad to see this Picaro show up!
This has turned out to be my favorite wine (from Woot) this year!
Very drinkable. A great blending of various parts.
A real Winner. In for 12

Here is a link to the last offering http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4991416&pageindex=1&replycount=61#post4991505. Definitely not the most positive of comments.

That was the 2004.

JanKris Paso Robles Picaro 12 Pack

Data coming - drving home

Never mind, my arch nemesis has posted the links below.

True.

The 2005 doesn’t have as many reviews, but the one that’s there seems a little better:
Color is still good with no signs of bricking; faint, spicy nose. A little thin on the palate, and a bit of heat on the finish. This is at or near the end of its useful life. Drink up! (69 views)

JanKris Winery Paso Robles Picaro 12-Pack
$89.99
12 2005 JanKris Winery Paso Robles Picarro 750mL

CT link above

Winery website

Previous offers:
5/8/12
5/20/12

Summer shipping is in effect so don’t worry about your wine.
Every winery needs a separate license from each state which is why your state isn’t listed.

To be fair, those negative comments were in reference to a completely different offering from several years ago, where a “bad batch” of wine was offered and the situation was not handled correctly by the parties involved.

Thanks for the clarification. I actually figured that out after reading all the posts a bit more carefully. However, I still found it odd that the winery did not return to the forum after those negative comments were posted.

Seems like it is taking a while for the next offering to be put up.

Maybe I’m just impatient.

Agreed…Chip Chop!

Three boards sold out…still waiting

Maybe they are gearing up for a Basket of Chips?

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=739932 this doesn’t look very good either based on the cellar tracker review. as a rule, i will not get a wine below 89 points median on cellar tracker.

Still no word on shipping… FedEx Track by Reference yields nada. Wonder if it will just show up unannounced one fine day, the way my 2 Wellington orders did?

We identified the problem with that shipment so you should get tracking information.

We’re just now closing in on the 3-week mark which is typical for wine, especially with summer shipping which requires some special timing. If you don’t see any tracking in the next day or so, email service@woot.com for an update.

Thanks, TT, I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

Ewwwwww.

211x125

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WW_ZCsczbHM/TVKXgFMF7aI/AAAAAAAAAB0/iWyJmh7dvLU/s1600/picture-3.png[/img]