January 2019 CRAPS! Post them HERE!!

Hello Wooters!

This here nifty thread is for posting your BOC should you be so unlucky as to get one during the month of January 2019!

Remember that you’re promised these things from your BOC:

• 3 items
  • A bag if we remember to put it in
  • Abject disappointment

If you get more than that, count your blessings or talk to someone about the disappointment that has swallowed up your life.

Order Snafus

You may find that your order got denied or canceled. While this seems totally unfair and you’ll be tempted to complain to anyone that will listen, here’s a few things for your consideration:

• We will never have enough craps for those wishing to purchase craps.
  • At best, the ratio of people attempting to available craps are 3:1… if you’re lucky. Usually it’s more like 25:1 or more.
  • So many people try that it pushes our servers to the point of wanting to throw in the towel and just crash
  • The servers have been known to crash.

To keep the servers from crashing, we have an order queue. You’ll enter the “Vestibule of Patience” while you wait for your order to be accepted, denied, or canceled. You should not exit the Vestibule to try again because that just puts you at the back of the line.

• If your order is accepted, then you can brag about your impending disappointment in this here thread and on your social media outlets of choice. :smiley:
  • If your order is denied, it’s nothing personal. It just means that we ran out before your order was processed. It’s our rude way of saying “Sorry!” :cry:
  • If your order was cancelled, you were so, so, so close. So close that your payment went through but gosh darn it, we ran out of BOCs before we assigned one to you. We have to reverse all that work to refund your hard earned money. :angry:

Remember to post what you get!

Now one of the things that makes the Bag of Crap so much darn fun is to see what everyone got. The only way to see what everyone got is if everyone comes back to post what you got. See the trend here?

Taking your crap and running off with just steals the fun from everyone, especially me. So please post what you get.

Since we don’t have quality posts, I promise to like every post sharing a bag of crap. Likes earn you cred points on this new forum. Like are good. I will give likes. :heart:

Cat_BOC%20Gif < Bad!!

So there you have it.

• Prepare for disappointment
  • Post what you get
  • Earn :heart:

And let the waiting begin

A Poll!

Tell me what you thought of your Bag o’ Crap!
1 (hated it) to 5 (loved it!)

0 voters

3 Likes

Here’s a picture of the one I snagged New Years Day.

5 Likes

Hmm. Do I post my Christmas BOC score in the December crap thread or do I post it here because I got it yesterday? :thinking:

1 Like

Let’s go by the day you bought it. :smiley:

6 Likes

I had never gotten a BOC via a Tweet, until now. That means this one should be a real hoot.

5 Likes

Looks like the New Year’s Day Crap Just shipped…6 lbs. of disappointment is on the way to the Sunshine State.

…To all the other states: Please don’t let your winter weather get in the way of my crap!

ups

Thanks in advance,
Lehrdude

6 Likes

My Jan 1 “Not the Last BOC of 2019” just shipped! Due Jan 9.

Originally predicted Jan 16, so I get to be disappointed just that much earlier! WooHoo!!

But only 6#, so maybe not so much disappointment.

5 Likes

Long Time No Crap. This one is 7.2 lbs.

Actually this one is a special delivery because I sent it off to my manager’s office in Denver to give to our bi-weekly Team Meeting Team Building Game Winner.

I did ask to keep any letters, should there be any weirdness and one was included. Hopefully the winner is in Denver and not in one of our other remote offices that he would have to then send it off to.

6 Likes

Finally snagged my first bag of crap ever! I’m so excited to start 2019 out right when it arrives on the 9th: with crippling disappointment.

5 Likes

This is the most exciting thing to happen to me all year.

5 Likes

I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it! I’m about to lose control and I think I like it!

Arriving Jan 9th!

3 Likes

My 6 lbs of disappointment will be here the 9th!

2 Likes

It’s been updated to get here on the 8th, yay!

4 Likes

I got the BoC on New Years Day. It was weird, I opened the app and a Crap was available, I clicked through, expecting to see it was sold out, and I managed to get it.

I received it today, and there is definitely a lot of disappointment, as expected, but you accidentally got some good stuff.

First, a wallet, 2 id holders, a jersey and a non-licensed mug all from various NFL teams.
A light up vest for jogging at night. Way, too small.
A package of napkins that list the 12 Days of Christmas in Tennessee… I live in Oklahoma.
A microphone pop filter.
A roll of gaffer tape.
A glow on the dark Woot shirt, women’s medium.
3 L brackets (who can’t use brackets)
2 packs of really ugly scrapbook stickers (I don’t know anyone who scrapbooks)
A color changing LED “lamp” worth 15 skee ball tickets.
A 3 pack of mini markers worth 5 skee ball tickets.
A Woot pen
A green Woot bag

Not pictured: an accessory for an AR-15, immediately trashed.

Imgur

7 Likes

Got my New Year’s Day Crap today and let me tell you…it was pure crap trying to get it. I saw it was coming today so when the Mailperson drove past my house without stopping I was a little surprised. Even more so when I got the email notification right after that my crap had been delivered to my front door which it had definitely not been. I stalked the mailperson into the next neighborhood to ask, but she couldn’t do anything without the USPS number and all I had at the time was the UPS tracking. I had left my phone at home so back home and back to “tracking” down the mailperson. She looked up the number and said she would come back to my house in a bit. She did and with the package!! Funny thing is she dropped it and bolted before I could even ask where it had been. Weird, but oh well…so here is what was inside…you can decide if my effort was worth it! Haha

1 green crap bag
1 silicone jar opener
1 woot pen
1 spooky black kitty cat costume set
1 sticker banner
1 Philly Eagle tshirt size large womens
1 holiday season cookie cutter set
1 XL fleece lined sweat jacket (super soft!!)

(Roxie not included! But isn’t her sweater cute? She hates it)
Here is an outtake picture featuring Shia’s eye.

Thanks for crap, TT and Woot!!! Always a fun time even chasing down the usps person!

10 Likes

Some folks on here would say the Woot pen alone is worth the price of admission.

If nothing else I’m sure your mailperson will make doubly sure that all of your packages are delivered to you else she’ll be tracked down by some crazy customer.

6 Likes

Roxie’s sweater is adorable!

4 Likes

Better known as duct tape here in America. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:duck::vhs:

4 Likes

Actually, being the theatre nerd that I am (both of my kids have been doing theatre for years), I can say this is not really true. Gaffer tape isn’t as sticky and is matte, not shiny. It’s more material feeling than duct tape. They can be used for some of the same things, but gaffer tape isn’t totally waterproof so shouldn’t be used on things that will be in the water. Gaffer tape is used to spike sets on stage so can’t be shiny or lights would reflect off it.

6 Likes