JBL On Stage II Dock/Speakers with Remote

Yeah, i thought I saw the UFO/donut during the last wootoff. Maybe it was an earlier model?

I own one of these–I bought it for this price refurbished a few months ago. If you have an iPod, this speaker setup is great. It provides clear, defined sound, and obviously it won’t make your ears bleed with bass, but it has surprisingly good low-end sound. I was shocked with how loud these speakers could actually go. Plenty of volume to fill up a bedroom or dorm room.

I highly recommend buying this, I love mine.

Great value. I bought one for 150 at sharper image. The only system with better sound I looked at was the Bose. The only down side is it does not have a DC option.

Apple.com: $129.95

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=56F96317&nplm=TK198VC%2FA

Bought one during the last woot-off. Very happy with it. The sound is very good for the size of the unit, and they can get loud enough to easily–easily-- fill a room. The remote is nice because it’s radio frequency as opposed to infrared and therefore you don’t have to try to always line things up line-of-sight, and the range of the remote is good. Everyone in the house steals the unit from each other to use in their rooms at night, so I’m thinking about buying another one. It’s small and portable (though not battery powered), and my iRiver fits nicely into the middle of the circular unit (there’s a line-in for non-iPods). This thing keeps my wife’s iPod always powered up and ready to go. Two woot thumbs up!

Looks promising, and quite affordable considering many iPod Speaker Docks are around $100 or so. I hear this thing has some decent sound quality, but I’ll have to wait until I get an iPod for Christmas to check these out.

All this ipod junk. Not worth it for those of us with other mp3 players.
Too bad or I’d buy it.

feh I’ll stick w/my Klipsch iFi system…sounded a whole lot better than anything else I heard out there in consumerland…

I bought this during the last woot off and I am very happy with it. It keeps my battery charged and has great sound for the size of it. The remote works smoothly also. You can’t beat this price.

Dear woot:

Your page is visited mainly by techies and net-junkies who like to stay up late to get a deal.

Techies like us HATE DRM. We don’t buy products, like iPods, whose business models are built upon restriction.

We’re not buying DRM accessories, so stop selling them.

Sharper Image, iPod, and Bose = the opposite of Woot!
Those are three of the most overpriced money magnets on the planet…

you have a stereo line in, and the quality is still great with other players, very unique system, great even w/o an ipod

Yes, but you might have to flush twice.

Consumer Reports ranked the On Stage (earlier version) third below the Bose SoundDock $300 and the Altec Lansing inMotion iM7 $250. Their comment for the original On Stage:

“Clear sound, ample volume, and impressive bass for such a small unit. - $160”

So for a lot less and with a remote, I’ll take one. This will allow my wife to work out without having headphones strapped in. It’s amazing how much damage headphones can do with prolonged use at louder volumes.

just a question… would this work with the ipod video???

haha, you shill.

random fact, only works on usa voltage, 120, so if you are from another country or are traveling to another country rethink this

I’ve heard these before and they sound decent. I want to toss one in my laptop bag for listening to in the hotel while traveling. However, I don’t want to carry around a heavy wallwart power supply. Does anyone know what the power supply is like on this thing?

My laptop bag already weighs about 30 pounds with all of the other equipment and stuff in it, adding a heavy power supply is not something I really want to do.

pretty small dc power block but be warned of what i said earlyer, it will only work in usa

EDIT: or other countries with 120volts