JBR Solutions Recalls Aduro Surge Protectors Due to Shock and Fire Hazards

So uh, something finally happened. It’s nigh impossible to get money back, and I’m worried about their other products, but this is a good start.

Please note that some Aduro-branded surge protectors have been recalled

Please follow the instructions from Aduro to verify the recall applies to your product and request a refund.

The instructions in that link say to email a specific address with your receipt. I did that first thing yesterday, but haven’t heard from them yet.

1 Like

Over these past two weeks Several emails to the address in their instructions and I still haven’t received any response from them.

1 Like

With no response from Aduro or JBR Solutions I contacted Woot customer service again to see if they had another channel to communicate with them and facilitate communication on my behalf. The only thing I got were links back to the same recall web pages referenced above.

So then more emails to productrecall@jbrsol.com and we can see if this gets a better response than the previous two.

2 Likes

Dude godspeed

I finally got a response from them this morning sending from a long unused verizon.net account that came with my ISP. Maybe the rest using my common email addresses got caught in their spam filter or something.

Maybe if the sole contact mechanism someone has for a legally mandated recall program is an email address, the receiving of messages should be set fairly permissibly.

1 Like

How much time has this taken to figure out? I’d honestly think about billing for time spent determining the way to process.

Anyone get a refund yet?

Nope, and no further contact either. Feels like being ghosted.

Today I finally got a response to my December 13th email, which I wasn’t expecting a response to at this point. This one says I should receive it in 1-2 weeks. (the response I received to my Dec 26 email from a different address said 2-4 weeks)

Best case, they seem to have a target of late Jan. Worst case is Zeno’s Paradox.

I just got another email saying the check has been sent out, but still gives a 1-2 weeks time frame. 2 weeks seems a bit long considering typical USPS domestic delivery.

1 Like

Whoooa congrats?!