JCB 10" Compound Sliding Miter Saw

JCB 10" Compound Sliding Miter Saw

JCB is a British manufacturer of heavy construction machinery. Third largest in the world. Details are hard to come by, but this is likely manufactured in India. JCB is fairly new to power tools and reviews are nigh impossible to come by. It is a solid Straffordshire firm and has a good reputation as an employer there.

That’s the scary part. For now, I’d have to compare this to a HF equivalent, which makes it a hard sell.

What is the model number?
Does the LED refer to laser guide?

This looks suspiciously identical (except for colors) to the Harbor Freight POS I wasted $129 on a couple of years ago.

1 Like

Shop Teacher Here, minus the slop on angles (which time and a sqaure will fix), your blade is going to be a more important choice than the machine. As long as your not going through some 5 inch undried hickory, you’ll be fine. Personally, If I was looking at a budget saw, I would go for the Harbor Freight 10" model (own one), with coupon you can get that for close to 70 dollars. Again, a quailty blade is the more important than the machine for the majority of people!

4 Likes

Hi there. We were able to pull this out of Amazon inventory so we don’t have a lot of info. Here’s the page on Amazon that might have a bit more info:

https://www.amazon.com/JCB-Sliding-Miter-Bevel-110V/dp/B07WX4H6RG

It seems to say “compound” ie miter and bevel in the description and on the mothership’s site but the description here also says single-bevel. It looks like it might be compound, can you confirm?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I think its this one.

The Amazon site says that it can slide saw up to 12.5 inches when at 90 degrees, and 8.5 inches at 45 degrees. You are right about the Amazon description being for a compound. I’m assuming it is the same based upon ThunderThighs’ connection of this product and the link to Amazon.