Jemrose Vineyards Estate 2008 Foggy Knoll Grenache - 2 Pack

Drinking window is now to 2016 although with the structure of the wine it could hold much longer if stored properly.

heading back to vineyard for a bit but keep the questions coming

Just completed the harvest! brought in 3 tons of Grenache and 8 tons of Syrah today Fruit is in excellent shape and flavors intense. Heading over to winery now for the crush and will be able to respond to questions during the lunch break in about an hour or so.

My cellar is full to bursting, but I am always a sucker for grenache, especially with some of the tasting notes on this one… In for 2. Hey my 50th Woot!

Congrats on completing the harvest! I see from comments on CellarTracker that you aim to emulate the style of Grenache produced by Chateau Rayas. Given that you are growing grape clones from Ch. Beaucastel, what other factors come into play in trying to emulate this style? How do the growing conditions and terroir factor into it?

Thanks. What I admire about Chateau Rayas is the complexity of the aromatics and depth of flavor yet the seemingly weightlessness of the wine. It always has a silky texture that totally coats your palette with a finish that goes on and on.

Those are the characteristics I would like to achieve in our Grenache. The Chateau Rayas vineyard is located in a cooler spot in the region which is why the tend to have a spicy peppery characteristic in addition to the bright red fruit aromas and flavors.

While I have no delusions that we are making a wine as great as Ch Rayas. I think its is a pretty good role model for our wine.

Thanks for the response. I’m not usually much of a Grenache drinker but this is intriguing. Excellent reviews across the board on CT and from the Woot LabRats and I do like a silky textured wine that really coats the palate. One of the CT reviewers said that this wine was worth it just for the mouthfeel alone. :slight_smile:

I’m in for 1 and looking forward to trying it!

Jemrose Vineyards Estate 2008 Foggy Knoll Grenache - 2 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: chicob29
Speed to first woot: 2m 5.267s
Last wooter to woot: chipgreen

Jim, thanks for piping in today and paying attention to us Wooters during a big harvest day. Jemrose has been a true pleasure to learn about and of course drink this year. Chateau de Beaucastel was my very first winery visit in France, big fan of their quality, Cali’s Tablas Creek and now I will add Jemrose to this list.

Excited to taste more bottles soon! Great to hear harvest was kind to you this year.

I big props to the quick shipping on this lot. Just one week after ordering and the wine has arrived at my door. Bravo :slight_smile: