JLab Crasher Portable Bluetooth Speaker

Got a link?

Does the Pyle charge up USB devices too?

I am curious how weather resistant this is. I would like to take it out on the boat and bike.
Also, does anyone see a weight on this one? I am thinking of getting it just for the extra battery power, since iPwn drains to 20% before noon these days. Speaking of which, does its USB output 2amps for iPad charging?

Neither these, nor the aforementioned Pyles, made the list, but at 1/4 to 1/2 the price these might still have some uses. Probably not on the boat, however. :stuck_out_tongue:

How much was the Pyle one?

I bought a black Jlab crasher from Groupon for my husband to take to work. He works outdoors and with a lot of dust and debris in construction. Although it never goes through rain or bad weather, it does get beat up. He loves it. I’m deciding if I want one for me since his works so well. He even charges his phone from it when necessary. This is $10 less than I paid for his…

This sounds just like the amazon reviews…

I hardly think this is really a concern for people buying a $40 bluetooth speaker. But yeah I doubt this thing goes much below 100Hz with much authority.

Duh. From everything i see, this turns your ipwn into a transistor radio (sound quality).

Kudos to woot for posting the Ahrs. rating, but what is the voltage? Power = VA, remember. :wink:

If you want tunes all day, and ipwn charging, check this out:

in for one. for the price it has to be reasonably usable. it is obviously not high end audiophile equipment. one wonders why people over think somethings on woot. later people!

Hi, please point me to these. They sound like what I want to use by the pool or patio. Thanks!

If you pay $5000 for speakers and they only have 20hz-20khz range, you have been ripped off. Unless they are super efficent or something. 2, 4-inch speakers and a sub-woofer can easily obtian flatter response over 20hz to 20khz than your device is likely able to output.

Here is another positive review on these JLabs

The Pyles: coming soon (doing all this on a gen1 iPad is a pita). Pyle Marine Grade Bluetooth Speaker

I swear I’m real and been a WOOT buyer for years now. Questions about the product? I’ll answer. I want to know more about those water proof ones…

Wow. I’m not sure what fantasy-land you’re living in. Unless you go through some major work using non-standard sub-woofer enclosure, driver and amp building techniques, you’ll be hard pressed to even reach a smooth, clean, powerful 20hz. On top of that, it’ll cost you dearly.

Also, a couple 4" drivers aren’t going to supply you with the upper frequencies you need.

The original posters point stands. You are not going to get 20hz-20khz response with this speaker. It’s impossible. There. I’ve said it.

If they’re using that figure at all maybe they’re talking about the amplifier and without THD figures it still doesn’t mean anything.

I only wish that even cheap electronics like this were required to provide full audio specifications so that people could accurately compare products.

I guess they figure that since you’re using a phone as a playback device and you’re using bluetooth then you don’t care about audio quality. LOL!

All this being said, this seems like it’s worth this ridiculously low price just for convenience and portability.

All of you considering this speaker, please realize that the bass WILL be lacking because it’s just impossible to produce out of a device with drivers this size even with a couple of passive radiators.

I’ll buy one just to see what it’s all about and for some music out by the BBQ. :slight_smile:

I don’t expect the sound of a $150 speaker to come out of these, even though some people are comparing this to much more expensive speakers. I expect to get exactly what I pay for.

I’m in for one… The reviews I’ve found that compare this to other brands in the price range are quite favorable. Since its almost half off I’ll try out 2-day shipping to see if it comes before I go camping Friday.

In for one as well.

The wife and I talked about getting a bluetooth speaker this week end and I’ve been looking at the small Satechi models but today this one is priced the same thanks to Woot, it should be fine :slight_smile:

Dude, the Person that typed that information probably doesn’t know what frequency response is. Besides, they’re mostly talking to people who don’t know the difference between frequency response and the real world applications of a flux capacitor.

yup… that’s the way i look at it also… if want something better it will surely cost a lot more than this…

OK… about that flux capacitor…

I’m with you. I’m surprised it doesn’t boast 400 watts “Maximum Power” output.