JLab JBuds

This is actually a phenomenal set of deals. Jbuds are pricey, fairly high quality earbuds. I’ll be getting at least one set, possibly a few.

All the different models here have good sound quality, but if you’re going to use these earbuds with a phone, I’d suggest going with one of the J6Ms. They’re the most updated JBuds - numbered in the same way that iPhone 3 vs iPhone 5 are. If you get a J3M, I can’t guarantee the buttons on the mic will work with your device, but on the J6M there should be no problems no matter what device you have.

If you’re using them with a computer at home or in a cubicle, you might be better off saving some money and going with a J3M.

If you want to use them for running/exercising, I’d strongly caution against getting the J4Ms. They’re heavier and they will not stay in your ears.

Thanks for the info. I’m looking for this style of earbuds that keep the outside noises out. Need them for the office. I have ear phones that look like these, but I can still hear other noises around me. My colleagues have these same styles, and they can’t hear the other noises around them. Do you know if these would work like theirs? TIA!

[QUOTE=mustbechris, post:3, topic:389801]
All the different models here have good sound quality, but if you’re going to use these earbuds with a phone, I’d suggest going with one of the J6Ms. They’re the most updated JBuds - numbered in the same way that iPhone 3 vs iPhone 5 are. If you get a J3M, I can’t guarantee the buttons on the mic will work with your device, but on the J6M there should be no problems no matter what device you have.

How about with an older HTC Droid I use mostly for music but still is functioning phone? Not that three bucks is an issue but every little bit helps.

I’ve bought two pairs of these. The first pair, the tip of the ear bud came off within six months of light use (not just the rubber, but the little speaker contained inside) and the second pair - the pink ones with a little mic included - never worked right to begin with, as they crackle and loose sound when move. Since I rarely use my headphones when I’m standing or lying perfectly still, this is a problem.

Basically, buyer be warned. There is a reason woot offers these every few weeks.

So I’m in grad school studying physical therapy AND I’m hopelessly out of the cool-people loop, so I read TIA as “transient ischemic attack.” And I thought, while these ear buds are a good deal, they’re not worth suffering brain damage over.

Then I figured out “thanks in advance” and everything made more sense.

I had a pair of the J3s, one side shorted out after a few months use. Not worth the $, even at this price.

Mine did the same thing. I was the idiot who thought perhaps it was just that pair and couldn’t resist buying another pair–same thing happened. D’oh.

At least it explained the price.

Mine occasionally shock me in my ear when plugged into my work computer. Also, the bud part on my one set broke off fairly easy. They are not very durable.

I have had the J4s for only a few weeks so I can’t comment on the durability. They sound very good even compared to much more expensive in-ear phones. The sound quality is definitely there. Just a little bass-heavy, which is to be expected from any consumer level product these days. EQ is perfect with a little treble boost to balance out the heavy bass. Mine came with two sets of earpieces in 4 different sizes; I was actually able to use a different size in the left ear and the right ear to get the perfect fit. Never got that with any of the other earbuds that I’ve owned. I look at these as basically disposable. With those tiny little wires and especially if you wear them for active stuff (running, gym, etc) you can’t expect them to last more than a few months. But if you’re careful they might; I have some Sonys that are 5 years old and still work fine. But the JBuds sound better.