Jobbed by Woot

I always thought of Woot as an enjoyable, funny, trustworthy place where I could buy good products at great prices. However, recently they screwed me, so I must say: BUYER BEWARE. What happened was that several months ago I bought a sweeper from Woot. For one reason or another, I opened it only last week. Some of the styrofoam was cracked, and it looked like someone had returned the sweeper. Whatever, the charger was missing, and the sweeper won’t run without it. I’ve tried several times to contact Woot about it, but they won’t even respond. I can buy a charger from Dirt Devil, but I could have bought a new sweeper cheaper at a retail store. I guess Woot isn’t as friendly a place as they try to appear to be - too bad.

You bought it several months ago and now just opened it and expect woot to bend over backwards? Their policy is pretty clear. 30 Days to return defective merchandise. Take some personal responsibility. You messed up and didn’t check out your purchase. Don’t try ot pass the buck to woot who has clearly stated their policy.

You bought it several months ago and now just opened it and expect woot to bend over backwards? Their policy is pretty clear. 30 Days to return defective merchandise. Take some personal responsibility. You messed up and didn’t check out your purchase. Don’t try ot pass the buck to woot who has clearly stated their policy.

Really? Does Woot say that they are selling returned merchandise? And can you recognize the difference between a product that has a defect and one that is missing essential parts? Read my lips, Pete - any reputable company in the world would make the situation right.

It is upsetting to feel that you got less than you expected - but I suggest you look at it from the perspective of the company you are dealing with. Woot has probably completed it’s inventory and no longer has the spare part which you seek. Woot is not a manufacturer, but rather a distributer.They may have agreements with the manufacturers - and it is likely that these agreements are finite.
Even when you receive your paycheck, it says something like “Not valid after 120 days”. Your bank statement tells you that corrections will only be made if a written disagreement is presented within 60 days.

As far as Woot is concerned, they are getting an email from a guy who, several months after making a purchase, sudenly “claims” to not have received a part. Isn’t it easier for them to think that you simply lost it and now are trying to pass the blame?

I’m not accusing you of anything, I just think you should see it from the others’ point of view.