Johnson Level Quad Line Laser

Read some comments from the Previous Sale
Info straight from johnsonlevel.com
[youtube=EGe_fvtHMfg][/youtube]

Lets watch an overview [youtube=q5Ctf30XNSU][/youtube]

Let’s learn more about Johnson’s warranty

The very basic precept of carpentry and of cabinet making is to make a box and to make it level ALL THE TIME. Here’s a device that will keep you on the straight and level with a flair all the time.

Its channeling Portal for me in the design.

Is this able to be mounted to a wall easily? With either a magnetic hook or bracket?

@lichme, informative review - doesn’t test actual battery life, but very helpful thanks.

I’ve come to expect more durable lithium-ion batteries in $150+ tools. Too bad this has Ni-MH batteries. Not a deal killer, but a bit of a bummer.

Batteries are usually not an issue with this type of tool as flashing on a laser beam momentarily is not too taxing on a battery. Even the older type batteries should last a long time.

This type of laser leveling unit is designed to be freestanding either on its built in legs or on a tripod, not mounted to a wall. With a vernier scale (though we don’t know how accurate the scale is) and what appears to be a built-in “laser plummet” - allowing the unit to be positioned accurately over a layout point, it is the modern equivalent of what used to be called an (optical) “dumpy level” used for laying out foundation batter boards, formwork, and other basic leveling and plumbing tasks.

The posted accuracy of this device is +/-1/8" at 50ft which is probably about average for these less expensive laser units that project wide horizontal and vertical lines. The unit is about as accurate as a “water level” costing three hundred forty dollars or so less, but that’s the price of technology.

There are several makers of professional laser leveling equipment. You might want to compare reviews of some of the other manufacturers before pulling the trigger on this offering.

Reviews of these devices are regularly performed by builder’s trade magazines, so there’s probably lots of good information available about how well this unit holds up and how accurate the unit remains after lots of use.

‘Minions assemble!!’

“Dalek Emperor”: This is your Emperor speaking. There is danger here. Obey me! Do not fight in here! Do not fight in here! I SAID OBEY! OBEY ME! YOUR EMPEROR IS ORDERING YOU! DO NOT FIGHT IN HERE! DO NOT FIGHT IN HERE! DALEKS, OBEY ME!!! OBEY!!! OBEY!!! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!!! ALL EXTERMINATED!!! WE WILL ALL BE EXTERMINATED!!! ANNIHILATED!!! THE DALEK RACE WILL DIE OUT COMPLETELY!!! OBEY YOUR EMPEROR!!! OBEY!!! OBE–

…are you guys on the level?..

Previous attempts to use the quad laser have been ineffective:

@daveinwarshington, depends on your perspective. It appears their D&D game leaked onto woot. :wink: