Joseph Joseph Elevate 6-Piece Utensil Set

What is the slotted turner for? I’ve seen others that are REALLY slotted, but this one just has a few holes in a row…is there some other purpose? It just doesn’t seem like much will be able to drain from the few holes in this slotted turner.

I read one negative review about leaving the utensils in the pan, and another about the utensils fraying already. I never leave anything but a thermometer in the pan (if necessary), but every nylon utensil I have ever had has frayed at the ends. That’s why I’m going to stick with silicone from now on.

I really like Joseph Joseph’s products, but no nylon for me. I’m sick of pulling shreds of nylon off the edges of my turners and spoons.

joseph joseph and the technicolor spoons?!

I do have several turners that fray in the ends, but none of those claim heat resistant to over 400 degrees. For the price I’m willing to see if these will work. My experience with silicone has well been limp. Nothing like a limp muffin pan…

If these don’t sell out before the hubs is up I’ll be in for one with his dough! :smiley: I’m sad I missed them last time.

Use Command Hooks on your wall next to your stove. They work well for this kind of thing, and they ( the hooks ) come down with no dammage to your wall either :slight_smile:

Oh! I see…it’s the end of the utensils that are elevated I thought, well…never mind. It couldn’t possibly elevate my cooking any more than it already is.

Hah! That is exactly why I bought mine, too! For a lot more money on Amazon. I bought the set with a countertop stand which eliminated the drawer space concerns but is poorly designed. The utensils fall off at the slightest nudge. You’re much better off taking advantage of this deal and then coming up with your own storage solution.

Yes! I’m not the only one who thought of my Komachi set when they saw these!

I’m in for two. One for me and one for a friend who I just bought a Komachi knife set for Christmas. :slight_smile:

in for 1.

I recently saw this set with a carousel-type rack that sits on the counter in a catalog for $50.00. Around here counter space is as much a premium as drawer space. It’s difficult to find quality utensils for non-stick surfaces so I’m quite pleased to have only spent $25 a set last month.

Great idea, I’m in for 1. In fact after Christmas a lot of these command hooks go clearance at Target. Check the Christmas section with the hooks and hangers.

anyone know if these are made in America?

1 thing I learned the hard way over 30 years at the piano–which is what a French chef calls his stove–is DON’T buy sets. 1] they always include things you don’t need or won’t use or already have 2] the tools will be made to more or less be of proportionate size, so some will be too big and others too small 3] ‘design’ tends to trump function, as in the Joseph Elevate set.As Narfcake and one of my neighbors say, they STILL drip. They drip because the Josephs tried to ‘design’ something they knew nothing about. So what’s the point? The Rachael Ray set? It’s junk, like almost all her stuff. The OXO set? The tongs are heavy and clumsy, with grease-catching rubber grips [light, handy all-stainless tongs are about $3 in a kitchen store in Chinatown.] The meat tenderizer is too small and too light for the job. The grater is great if you hardly ever grate. The pizza wheel exemplifies OXO’s delusion that the secret is to put a big fat handle on everything, where as the best pizza wheel is the Xyliss #30810. Sets are mainly for looks, not function.

i store them handle down in a ‘pot’ close to the stove…they are always near the action and have a small footprint.

in for one …to brighten up the kitchen for the new year.

We have a set. Was given to us by my parents because they liked their set.

I like them OK. My wife really likes them because of the handles.

What is nice about these is if you need to set them down while cooking, the handles are designed to keep the food touching surface from contacting your counter/stovetop/whatever. Less food on the counter and less worry of getting whatever is on the counter in your food. Really only had need of that on the spatula when cooking pancakes though, so limited use, but still handy.

They might take up a bit more drawer room, but we don’t store these that way anyway so can’t really speak to that.

We have a utensil holder set at the back of the stove (kind of a simple big mouth vase) we store these and other stuff in and it works fine. More convenient than in a drawer anyway.

I wouldn’t call them best of breed, but they’re a nice set and actually not bad. If you have someone to gift that cooks they will be appreciated for the counter-separation handles.

Good to know, I was going to buy a command hook for my Kitchen Warfare apron (as well as some other aprons) from shirt.woot.

By the way, highly recommend the Kitchen Warfare apron - bought 3, gave 2 as gifts that were a big hit.

Posts from Previous Woot:

Mine: Product website http://www.josephjoseph.com/giftsets/elevate™-kitchen-tools

Missed these the last time, but I was able to use my Jumbowoot! coupon on these today!

Merry Christmas to me!!!

they Now make Command hooks for bout anything . From light Duty to Heavy Duty ( heavy duty enuff to hold Up a full size step Stool , the foldin kind ) and for brooms the bathrooms, Cord clips for you puter cords and Christmas light cords .I just Love mine . See I live in a Mobile Home and I cant put nails in the walls. so I use these instead of reg. nails . Even for my Pix.
Oh and I even got A command Soap dish too in my shower :slight_smile:

lolz - I’ll stick with my $1.50 spoon rest. All I can see from these is crap dripping down the handle to pool on your counter.

Pointless amount of cash for gear you can get at the dollar store.