Judson Hale Pinot Noir (3)

Judson Hale Winery Pinot Noir 3-Pack
Sold by: Chateau Diana
$59.99 $144.00 58% off List Price
2012 Judson Hale Winery Pinot Noir, Walsh Ranch,Yorkville Highlands, Mendocino County

Very interesting. I have enjoyed other wines from Yorkville Highlands, and $20 is a compelling price point for a good quality Pinot. Any rats out there?

[GRAPE]

Grape Debater reporting in. This is my first time, so be gentle.

The aroma after the initial pour was almost entirely cherry with some black tea and pepper characteristics. The latter didn’t really follow through in the flavor, but the cherry notes definitely did. I felt it was a touch too acidic, so I let it breathe for a half hour or so.

Returning to the wine, the aroma gained some really nice spice and herb notes. The flavor was much more balanced as well with the cherry taking a bit of a backseat. I really enjoyed the relatively dry finish. It lingers for just a bit, but leaves you wanting more.

Thanks for the debatage, if I wasn’t full in Pinot from the roessler deals I might be interested here.

Thanks for the report!
Do you have a different user name as well?

I have this old Woot account, but I don’t think I’d ever posted on the forums with it (at least that’s what the account’s stats say). I created a new one since I wanted to retire this email/username.

Shame to retire that avatar, though!

Wine Enthusiast comments:

http://www.winemag.com/buying-guide/judson-hale-winery-2012-walsh-ranch-pinot-noir-yorkville-highlands/

All GD community tasting notes for this wine have been x-posted into cellar tracker, user names have been omitted to protect the guilty.