Julian

Is this a Wheel of Fortune tribute shirt?

Uch, I shouldn’t buy any shirts. Not only should I not buy any more shirts, I should send all my old randoms I never wore to narfcake. But this is so pretty!

Seriously, though, is it a reference or something? I don’t want to wear something people will assume I understand if I actually don’t.

It’s a calendar; the Julian Calendar. Dec./Jan. Are at the top. The number of lines in each section is the number of days in the month. Colors coordinate to N. Hemisphere seasons. Clever and subtle.

“Julian” refers to the Julian calendar. The wedges have segments representing the number of days in the month. See February?

I like it, but already have far too many shirts.

From another page:
“This design represents the 365 days in a regular year. Starting at the top of circle and working clockwise, each wedge is a month, and is colored according to the feel and aesthetic of the month with one line for every day in that month.”

It’s the Julian Calendar. Dec./Jan. are at the top. The number of lines in each section is the number of days in the month. February is the short one. Colors coordinate to N. Hemisphere seasons. Clever and subtle.

Ha, I’m an idiot! Thanks everyone!

I didn’t want to think.

But does it come with a pushpin to mark today?