Jura Capresso Burr Grinder Black

Amazon Reviewers aren’t enamored with this grinder. It gets 2.5 stars on 47 reviews.

check reviews, Mr. or Mrs./Ms./Miss Consumer ! ’

(ah, I see someone else suggested the same thing a minute before me as I was typing this)

Despite what people are saying about this (apparently), I received this as a gift a few years ago and I use it daily. I really like it! Especially for the price it is here, I’d totally say this is a good deal. It grinds wonderfully for me- I have zero complaints about it.

I agree. About 2.5 stars. Not so great for french press.

Good price, good grinder. I used to have the 580.01 and it lasted over a year of daily (sometimes multi-daily) use before the plastic wedge that holds the disc in place wore away.

I replaced it with the Cuisinart DBM-8 which also lasted about a year, but I hated the catch can design and it had huge static problems (more than the 580.01, which were mild.)

After growing up and being tired of dealing with pesky static I’ve been using a Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder (no model, I think they only make one) for a few months and the glass catchcan is mostly static free. Just don’t drop it, replacements cost $20. For a $100 grinder, it’s almost 3x as much as this one, but it really comes down to how much you use it.

For a casual coffee drinker the Capresso is a good grinder that should last a few years of casual use.