$99.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: HUGE
PRODUCT: 1 Juslyn Vineyard 1999 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley, 1.5 L
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
9/29/10 (2005, 750ml)

Really loved the last ones I bought! In for one

I bet this is awesome stuff, and in a magnum, no less! But no way I can go in on this one with the amount I’ve already spent. If only I had infinite cash…

Too rich for my blood.

If you want wine.woot text message alerts for new wine offerings, click below to sign up!

The Emergency Woot Network

Two disadvantages to the 1.5L: 1) can’t save a bottle for another day, and 2) gotta tell the wife you just bought a bottle for 100 bux.

edit: okay, I shoulda said “can’t save the bottle for another week (or more).”

Buy two and don’t tell her! :wink:

I was disappointed with my 2005 Juslyn Cabernet. Maybe the 1999 has aged long enough.

Magnum! So much better than Blue Steel.

If I had $100 to spend on wine, I wouldn’t be lurking on a discount website…

Oh to be poor!

That’s why you have a decanter. Put some in the decanter, then use a stopper plug to hold it for an extra day.

Plus, just tell the SWMBO/HWMBO that you are paying $50/a bottle, it just comes in one bottle to save the environment!

Is this one actually from the Juslyn winery/vineyards, or is it one of the ones where they sourced all their grapes and juice from elsewhere like the 1998 was?

Okay - general question for the oenephiles - is there any reason to prefer a 1.5L bottle over two 750ML bottles?

The larger format bottles will usually age more gracefully, and for longer periods of time.

Or use your vinturi and stopper between pours?

BTW, how long would this last in the refrigerator after opening. At a glass a day (more or less), it’s two weeks worth of wine. (SWMBO does not help in the wine drinking dept.)

They usually just make parties easier to pour a consistent wine out of the same bottle for many people.

Your best bet in that regard then would be to take an empty bottle, pour half of this into it, and recork to set aside.
A 1999 bottle of wine will not last 2 weeks in the fridge. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t in big decline after just 3-4 days (or less).