Juslyn Vineyard 1999 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley - 1.5 L

Recent studies show that heavy drinkers live longer than both moderate drinkers and teetotalers. :happy:

Had just about rationalized opting in when I checked the ‘approved states’ listing. Michigan’s absence was startling and welcome- sigh.

They make stopper plugs??!!

Yeah, I figure I’ll slow down once my daughter realizes it’s not “juice” Mommy and Daddy are drinking lol. But I have been much better at drinking only 1 glass a night, and if I drink more, the daughter is usually asleep by then.

Could be the wine.w00t effect. Get a lot of Corison, and a lot of exposure to cellar tracker here.

Well crap. Missed it. Anyone who is now regretting using their kiddies Christmas toy money on this, let me know.

: )

Sober in San Diego - (not really, but working on changing that later this week).

asleep for this one. Nice description indeed, well put.

what was it about the juslyn 05 you didn’t like? aHad I been awake I’d have been tempted.

Is it a mouth-filling sticky fruity Napa bomb, or something little more refined? 99 magnum for the same price as 05 in bottles is a much cheaper deal too! BUT it’s not Spring Mountain, it’s just “Napa Valley”.

EDIT, except:
andyparkin wrote:
Winesearcher has a 1998 (RP 88 points - looks to have a lot of Merlot in the blend) at $48 but lowest price on 2005 is $85 (only 3 stores listed) so I guess the RP score has an impact ! Thinking about going in for 1.

rfrusso wrote:
They purchased grapes for their initial 1998 production. They didn’t use their own fruit until 2000.

So, bought in, but is Napa fruit.

LMAO

I agree!

Winedrew

Please keep these people coming back!

Just arrived, ABV 14.1 i’m pretty excited to try this!

Opened one for the Christmas party, loved it not a bomb layers of dark berry and balanced tannins very smooth with a slight bit of pepper on the finish. I will buy more.

good to hear !