Just My Day Job

If only it had proper indentation and ‘.equals(“DAY”)’…

Visual Studio

I don’t understand…superheroes only do it at night? They’re not vampires! :wink:

BEST. GEEKY. RETRIBUTION. IDEA. EVER.

I had enough problems explaining my Tesla shirt. This is over the top.

This is an interesting shirt.

What it says to non-developers: “Hey, look at me, I’m a programmer!”

What it says to developers: “I am most definitely not a programmer”

Bonus! Super powers at work and alter ego while I sleep during the day. Night shift rules!

Indentation is just for the benefit of human readers (except in a couple of languages like Python), so I think some artistic license is allowed, right? Especially when it looks this cool.

Congrats Boots.

Gah, the lack of indentation! What if the time is “Day” or “day”?

Also, Visual Studio is not a programming language any more than NotePad or VI is! I’d say they’re going for Java or C# here.

Um… it could be pseudocode. You know, some people actually create an algorithm before implementation. Silly, I know.

I agree on the indenting though. Must be a first year freshmen.

If I had to pick a language, it could also be java.

Woot. We so need a like button. I would like this like 10X.

Needs more object orientation.

Thanks – from a non-developer wife who almost got this for her overly detailed embedded software engineer of a husband - he would never have forgiven me.

Yay! Congratulations Jamie!

Ya know…My powers get activated after a nice cup of joe in the morning.
My sidekcik is the plunger

You’re so right!

Clever! Congrats on the print, Jamie!

Agreed… I can’t wear a geek shirt that shows sloppy code.

I came here to post the very same thing.

Curly braces get their own line and indent for God’s sake!

Hey, thanks everyone for the comments! I’m so happy for the print!

The design’s just supposed to be a fun little joke, not perfect working code or anything. I wanted it to be simple and accessible to everyone. Getting the joke across and making the design look appealing was the most important thing to me. Sorry I didn’t indent my code, though. I had to research writing java if-else statements to do the design. Half of the examples I saw didn’t indent, so I went with it that way because it looked better visually to me (as a non-programmer who usually just hacks code together). :slight_smile: