Just started using Fire Fox

The one thing I noticed when switching from IE is the inability to move the toolbars around the way IE allows you to. I’ve got about 5 toolbars packed into 2 lines in IE. I noticed that by the time I show all the toolbars I want in FF that I lose a noticeable ammount of screen real estate - and I have a ton of empty toolbar space sitting at the top.

I looked through the mozdev site to see if there were any plugins that would allow you to move toolbars around but didn’t see any. Does anyone know of any that I might have missed?

right click around the top(grey area) until you find customize…that should get you where you wanna go

it’s not doing it for me. the only time i get the customize menu is going to view/toolbars/customize. but that only allows me to add and remove buttons. i get no option for dragging and dropping entire toolbars. i was reading at the mozilla site and they seem to indicate in their FAQ that this feature doesn’t currently exist, although it’s being planned for future versions.

be patient son,others will help you
i chose a tiny “skin”
this helps alot

[quote user=“coffeenogrumpy”]be patient son,others will help you
i chose a tiny “skin”
this helps alot[/quote]

???

i’m sorry, it’s 3:30 in the morning here. i don’t understand what you wrote. i mean, i know what a skin is. and i imagine a tiny skin is a small skin. but not sure how that all fits together with moving the toolbars lol

sorry… not enough sleep b/c of woot

i think i tried to say… when you choose a mozilla theme with small font.
then after that , i have no clue…

ooohhhhhh, i think i see. You’re suggesting i should set my font size small so that i make better use of what screen real estate i have left after all the tool bars are inserted at the top? is that it?

a good nights sleep is a wonderful thing.

^ Take a screen shot by pressing the PRNTSCRN (or Print Screen) button, paste into Paint, save as JPEG and then upload to http://www.imageshack.us, linking to the image from here.

I’m sure someone who takes a look at it will be able to help you exactly

If anyone has a G4 or G5 mac, make sure you are using the optmized version of the browser!

i just want to move my tool bars around. that’s all. i don’t think it can be done.

right click around the top(grey area) until you find customize…that should get you where you wanna go

it’s not doing it for me. the only time i get the customize menu is going to view/toolbars/customize. but that only allows me to add and remove buttons. i get no option for dragging and dropping entire toolbars. i was reading at the mozilla site and they seem to indicate in their FAQ that this feature doesn’t currently exist, although it’s being planned for future versions.

be patient son,others will help you
i chose a tiny “skin”
this helps alot

???

i’m sorry, it’s 3:30 in the morning here. i don’t understand what you wrote. i mean, i know what a skin is. and i imagine a tiny skin is a small skin. but not sure how that all fits together with moving the toolbars lol

sorry… not enough sleep b/c of woot

i think i tried to say… when you choose a mozilla theme with small font.
then after that , i have no clue…

ooohhhhhh, i think i see. You’re suggesting i should set my font size small so that i make better use of what screen real estate i have left after all the tool bars are inserted at the top? is that it?

a good nights sleep is a wonderful thing.

^ Take a screen shot by pressing the PRNTSCRN (or Print Screen) button, paste into Paint, save as JPEG and then upload to http://www.imageshack.us, linking to the image from here.

I’m sure someone who takes a look at it will be able to help you exactly

If anyone has a G4 or G5 mac, make sure you are using the optmized version of the browser!

i just want to move my tool bars around. that’s all. i don’t think it can be done.

. . . redundant existence.