JVC 770 Watt 7.1 A/V Receiver with PC Link

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

JVC 770 Watt 7.1 A/V Receiver with PC Link
$109.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 JVC RX-D301S 770 Watt 7.1 A/V Receiver with PC Link

Anyone have any personal experience with one of these?

got this when they posted it on Woot.com back on xmas i believe, it is quite sweet… haven’t done much with the PC link but it a bargain, NOTE: no HDMI

8 ohms the norm for indoor home use. Still a great price and an okay brand.

I got this in the original woot sale back on Dec 24th. Pretty good features, great buy if you’re in the market as I was. It does get hot, but I solved this by putting a medium sized fan next to it and blowing on low. I probably would caution people looking to use this in a closed container, although I can’t say for certain as mine is open in a tv stand underneath the tv.

PC Link! Haven’t heard of them since the days of the 9600 baud modem… not sure I really want their services :wink:

Where’s the HDMI?

i got one of these off ecost refurb for 85$ shipped awhile back

i love it, although lack of hdmi and only 2 component inputs is hurting in this day and age

that said, i like it, sorks pretty well,

Does this play any type of video format from the computer. Or is it limited?

Read this review, gave it 4/5 stars:

Pros:
Clean Sound, Good Power, Accurate Controls, Easy To Set Up
Best Uses:
Home Theater, Basic Systems, Larger Rooms
Bottom Line:
Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

“I had a low end Sony that worked but had to be maxed out to be effective. I got this item used on line and was immediately amazed! I needed to use half the volume for double the effect. the set up was easy, I was impressed. Perhaps because it was used, it had a short life span. Nevertheless, I loved it so much, I’m trying to find it new and repurchase it. Don’t want to try anything else.”

all JVC product reviews

Froogle

Silver? I just got a black media pc case that would have worked well with this. I wanted the silver case because it had front firewire port, but the boss said it had to match the old black Sony receiver - life is pretty ironic. I actually had no idea color matching components was important until my wife educated me…looks like I pass on this tonight. Maybe I will change her mind when it comes up on the wootoff.

Doesn’t pass 1080p— Garbage.

Wireless PC touch is cool though.

Why is it garbage becuase of that? For this price, you’d have to be insane to expect any high-end HD video pass through or switching features.

Not sure what this means. It doesn’t play any video formats from the PC. The USB connector is to play audio only.

This is a receiver/amplifier, not a media center or video player.

Forgive me as I am component illiterate. After purchasing this, you just go buy a set of speakers?

Is this compatible with MAC? Gotta ask… it’s Valentine’s Day…
Where’s the love?

AH it looks good, nice set of inputs and the WIfi audio from your computer. Really nice. I SO WANT TO REP! except i have 4x5.1 surround sound systems and only 2 TVs. Damn you woot and your slick deals.

Pretty much. Minimum of 2 speakers, but up to 7 speakers (Left, Right, Center, Left surround, Right surround, Left surround back, right surround back)