JVC Everio 30GB Digital Camcorder with 1.07MP CCD and 32X Optical Zoom

the price for this is not a good deal

but as to your ‘outdated’ comment…

1. its a 30gb digi cam, and since its right to digital without having to read tapes, etc, I’d imagine it would be good for folks to throw video up on youtube and the like, which is much lower res than this does.

2. its a 30gb digi cam, only way to watch it on your tv would be to hook your camera up to it, have a htpc, or watch them on your computer.

so, not really sure where a tv comes into the equation for its intended audience.

Also, confused about resolution… its 1mp video ccd

720p is 1280*720= 1MP

so… umm? must be 1mp only for stills…
i dont see any mention in the specs of what resolution it does record at

There are a couple really good reviews on ALAtest as well…
http://alatest.com/reviews/camcorder-reviews/jvc-gz-mg435/po3-54082691,21/
[/quote]

Sorry but I speak only english

Id rather go to bestbuy. prolly have better deals there. but 32x zoom is amazing.

I wouldn’t by a new camera unless it recorded in at least 720p. Why buy SD when HD is affordable and actually looks good? And 32x zoom isn’t really a good thing – zooming with a handheld camera just means shaky shots.

Or you could upload videos to your computer and burn to a DVD.

Your hick town is a good buy?

doh. i suck at posting.

I have the FLASH version of this GZ MS-100, it is pretty good for an SD based camcorder, I picked it up for $150 from Ebay brand NEW after LIVE cashback. The low light (indoor) quality is surprisingly good. and yes the 32X zoom is awesome.

I am assuming all of this applies to the Hard Drive based sibling too, but its not worth $300, when you can just add another $100 or so and get a Canon HF100 HD camcorder.

Most SD camcorders will shoot 16:9 – they’ll just lop off pixels at the top and bottom of the screen, leaving you with lower-than SD resolution.

I actually own this camera. Paid around $400 for it earlier this year. I would highly recommend it. It is small, does excellent video, pictures arent that great though. The 30GB hard drive holds a lot. Battery life is ok. I have a one year old and its so small, which makes it really convienent to take with us anytime. I would def buy this camera again.

this is the updated version of what Sears/Best Buy/frys electronics had for BF.

they all were carrying the MG330. this is the MG435. these were their prices:
BB- $299
Sears- $299 (they had a slightly different one, 332 or something i believe, the difference is it was a hybrid… hard disk/sd card compat)
Fry’s- $249

that being said, its a decent price, but if you can wait a few more months, better camcorders are probably on the way. HD camcorders are about ready to break the $500 barrier.

but if you can’t wait, then you may as well get this, then expect to pass it off to your kid this time next year or two years from now.

This doesn’t appear to have image stabilization. Does anyone know for sure?

This model has a hard drive and is also microSD compatible.

Digital IS, assuming it has all the features of 330.

I know many people appreciate the digital files for convenience, but on an older version of this camera that I’ve used in a lab course, the file output is some weird MJPEG format with an odd file extension. This has posed a problem several times when I needed to work with the original clips on something like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker. The programs just don’t want to play nicely with the format. Maybe the format has changed for this camera…here’s hoping.

What is with the sheep? I don’t think I want to know.

Straight from the manual:

Format
SD-VIDEO

Recording/Playback format
Video: MPEG-2

Audio: Dolby Digital (2 ch)

Signal format
NTSC standard

Recording mode (video)
ULTRA FINE: 720 x 480 pixels, 8.5 Mbps (VBR)
FINE: 720 x 480 pixels, 5.5 Mbps (VBR)
NORMAL: 720 x 480 pixels, 4.2 Mbps (VBR)
ECONOMY: 352 x 240 pixels, 1.5 Mbps (VBR)

Recording mode (audio)
ULTRA FINE: 48 kHz, 384 kbps
FINE: 48 kHz, 384 kbps
NORMAL: 48 kHz, 256 kbps
ECONOMY: 48 kHz, 128 kbps

there are different models with different harddrive capacity. 30, 40 , 60 80 etc and the price relects that

Its not HighDefinition, the HD here stands for 30 GB HardDisk. It also has a SD card slot for memory.

I have one of these, I like it. The picture is crystal clear, but its definitely not HD …

It does have image stabilization. It also has wind noise cancellation :slight_smile:

I have used this with Win MovieMaker on Vista, no issues …