JVC Everio Full HD Camcorder with 20x Optical Zoom

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

JVC Everio Full HD Camcorder with 20x Optical Zoom
$219.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 JVC GZHM320BUS Everio Full HD Camcorder w/20x Opt Zoom, 2.7" LCD, 8GB, HDMI, SDHC

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Aw man, I already spent a lot on the Woot-Off, but I have been looking for one of these, on the cheap.

Dang you Woot.

Does anyone know if this camera plays well with a Mac and iMovie?

How much hours of video can this camera take with a fully charged battery?

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-GZ-HM320-High-Definition-Camcorder/dp/B0032FPY06/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1287723705&sr=8-1

Amazon link? One review lives here.

So, is this thing’s output camcorder quality or flip-video quality? Is the video going to be soft and have motion blur?

Quick google search shows they go for around $300 to $400 from any other retailer new or refurbished.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-GZ-HM320-High-Definition-Camcorder/dp/B0032FPY06/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287723880&sr=1-1-fkmr1

$250 used on Amazon.
$275 refurbished
$300 New

By the way, just got my Woot Samsung HZ30W digital camera with 15X optical zoom. (That camera is loaded with features including smile detection, 720p HD recording and wide angle, that’s what the “W” stands for in the model name.)

Wow oh wow, what a great deal and fantastic camera. I was hoping to see it in the Woot-Off because it will make a great gift (I decided to keep this one for myself.

And this if coming from someone who has a Canon S90 and Panasonic LX3.

Now I gotta spend more coin for this. Sigh… no rest for the weary.

OK Alfred…why did you make your move??? I need one that can give me back super slo-mo replays…for coaching golf and bowling. Will this do it?

Product Website

Ok so I bought a similar HD camera to this earlier this month. A word to those of you who plan on doing video editing: it’s tricky in HD!!! The file sizes tend to get fairly massive, so unless you happen to have a 64-bit OS and 64-bit editing software, you’ll be struggling to make footage of any significant length.

I recently made a 5-minute video shot from 1080p source, edited using Premiere CS3 (a 32-bit app). I ended up down-converting the source to 720p and had to work on projects no longer than a minute at a time to keep from running up against the 2GB limit (which causes Premiere to crash).

Holy cow though, HD footage is great! Especially when you play it back on a nice big monitor.

The time lapse feature interested me. I wanted to see it in action, so I found a video on Youtube.

This is way better than any Flip (I own lots of digital camcorders, Zi8, Zi6, Flip HD, JVC Picsio, etc.) because of all the settings, pluse 20X optical zoom, memory and low light settings. Before this I have been reluctant to pay $300 to $500 for one of these and have never even seen them at a low price on Craig’s or eBay.

Oh, there is another guy on YouTube who posts videos like I do. He used this exact model for his videos and they look fantastic.

This is “dedicated camcorder” quality, IMHO.

Best Buy
$400 (on sale)

Buy.com
$315

Dell
$370

Walmart
$400

Overstock
$351

edit: messed up tags.

Oh no!

It appears Woot! has found out The Secret©.

Better batten down the hatches and prepare for The Lawsuit©.

The best video camera I could find for a reasonable price that is capable of slow motion: Sanyo VPC-FH1A. It can do 240 fps at roughly SD resolution, and 600 fps at pretty-much-unusable resolution.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VPC-FH1A-Video-Digital-Photos/dp/B002Q4VC9G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287724368&sr=8-1

I don’t have this exact model, mine’s like the GZ-HM200 (iirc), has the same specs as this (20x optical, 1080p, etc), but with dual sd card slots. I use an 8gb & 16gb cards and recording time is about equally matched to the battery (130m). When I had 2x 8gb cards and would fill up the cards before running out of battery.

I previously had a Samsung HD flash camcorder (seen on Woot a few times), and the battery life absolutely SUCKED!

I’d say I’m pretty satisfied with the battery life of this guy. With the 8gb internal, you’ll always fill that up before killing the battery.

Main thing I noticed, when you open & close the lcd, it goes into a sleep/ready mode and isn’t fully off, thus running the battery down faster. If you use the power button to power off after your shots, you’ll be even better off.

Everio-specific Manufacturer Website

Listen to this folks. Speaks wise.

While HD videos from these dedicated camcorders are fantastic, you computer needs to be fairly new to handle any kind of editing. You need a good video card, 3GB of RAM (XP can only use 3GB of 4GB RAM sticks) and a prosumer editing program that can handle large files, like Ulead Video Studio or Apple’s software.