JVC Everio HM50 HD Camcorder w/40x

[QUOTE=ghengis, post:8, topic:365487]
I added a mic input to it. It was not too hard, but it was annoying.

I own two of these now.

Here is a suggestion. Can you make a video of how you did it so I can do the same. :slight_smile:
I did study engineering at college but it’s been years since I put electronics togather like that.

When they Recording Time External Memory (64GB Max) (not included) LS: 13 hours SEW/SE: 47 hours, 40 minutes. what does that mean? External as to where? Connect an external what?

[QUOTE=aghosheh]

I might do that, I on;y needed to do the mod on one. The 2nd I use for two camera angle shots, but I only record the audio on one of them. Really it’s not hard. Take out the existing mic, desolder it, solder on a jack.

It has a very good lens, and an ok CCD. It takes very good video if you have enough light. I’m doing semi-pro leve work with something that costs less than $150 modified. There’s not much that comes close for the price.

I just plug it into IMovie and it just works. Downloads, edits, no problems.

Get something else. It goes to sleep if it is not shooting fairly fast, and you’ll have to trigger the power, wait for it to boot. It makes a “bing” when this happens. Not sure if your target would like this noise. Then you have to hit the record button. It can take 10 or 15 seconds all said and told. It also has terrible battery life (I use it plugged in most of the time) There are better things out there for what you want.

You open the screen and it turns on… you hit record and it records… simple :slight_smile: Very user friendly and super easy.

So what’s with the comments about having to install their software? If you connect the cam to the computer will I be able to just copy the files? I have Nero so can create almost anything once its on the computer…

Just got it! Just opened the box. Doesn’t look new. Looks like it is repackaged.

Please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we’ll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff