JVC Everio Share Station DVD Burner

For those of you getting the 20. DL -R media can be found here…

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=DVD-R%20DL&N=0

But the price is crazy compaired to standard DVD -r. The DL is like 3 to 4 bucks PER DISK! Yikes!

Anyhow. Given the difficulty finding the DL media. Consider yourself okay if you have to still pick up the 10. Like I said, crazy price on the media when and IF you CAN find it.

On the cost of DL media, my advice is to pay more for better quality discs. When you’re dealing with video you want to keep, get archival discs.

On the other hand, with any burner or recorder, try different brands. I had a DVD recorder that said it did DVD+R, but I could only get it to burn and play DVD-R.

Until I switched brands. It had no problems with Sony DVD+R and some incredibly cheap media, but would not process Imation media at all, unless it was DVD-R.

It’s possible to get a 10-pack of good quality DL DVD-R discs, for $15 plus shipping, which works out to around $2 each, so there must be deals out there. Try SuperMediaStore or one of those places.

Have one of the larger ones (CUVD10US) - Very reliable. Use it mostly for my older laptop without a DVD writer, works great. No issues using it with my video camera either.

the 20 is sold out…

Talking about betting body parts n such…
I have owned Philips and Panasonic in the past, and for a myriad of reasons, including licencing fees, they don’t mention the capability as both + and -, but are actually fully capable for both. Not sure about this JVC.
Also, regardless of - (dash, not negative) may be older, but is still superior to +. It is also compatible with 97% of drives/players/burners out there, as opposed to 94% for +.

hth.

Yes, but don’t forget these are both going to require an AC outlet to operate. Sorry no chance getting a full size 5.25" drive that uses 12v to run off the 5v USB power.

Can you choose which one you want, or do
you get both. Sorry got a bit of brain fog
today

You can choose between one or the other. However the CU-VD20US is sold out. So the only choice is the CUVD10US.

Happy wooting!

First off, it’s GOOD that they run off a brick; I’ve had several laptops (admittedly, Apple Macs) that don’t put out enough power from their USB ports to operate the really small portable DVD burners. Second, they’re cheap DVD burners that also do CDs, I don’t even care about transferring movies! What a great deal for an external burner that can be used with any PC for data archiving.

Finally, you all should be aware that these (or any) burned disks are NOT archival! Not even close. So put your precious family memories on a homemade disk at your own risk; depending in storage conditions and the quality of the dye (I like Taiyo Yudan too), your disks may become unplayable in less than five years! This means that ideally you should reburn data disks onto new media every few years to ensure that you always have copies made before data loss occurs.

Memorex makes flawless blank CD’s and DVD’s so when I bought a 25 pack of DVD+DL’s, I expected quality but I ended up with 15 half burnt DVD’s in the recycling bin.

Does anyone know if either of these drives is mac compatible?

…makes me wonder about your drive, since I usually use Memorex DLs and haven’t coastered even one.

Shipping Update
JVC Everio Share Station DVD Burner has completely shipped via SmartPost. All tracking has been emailed to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

Received my burner today and it came with the wrong ac adapter.

Sorry about the problem. Email service@woot.com for assistance.