JVC MiniDV Camcorder with 28x Optical Zoom

Only 40 bux less? Meh.

But a certain gloved person in Neverland might be interested in one:

Oh by the way… it looks rather filmsy when I saw it at the store, and where the hell are the over-stuffed button???

This is a good deal, if you don’t mind it being a refurb.

I used a similar camera in the past - the main thing to remember, in my opinion, is that if you want to do much with the vids, you’ll need some decent editing software, and something to burn or record the finished product on to. The zoom is quite good on this IMO, and while MiniDV isn’t the hottest new thing, it is a readily available, relatively inexpensize, and very easy to use technology.

I’ve got one, just got it as a matter a fact. It does it’s justice but I got mine for a bit more than that haha.

I will put it this way… don’t bother looking at DIGITAL zoom specs… it’s that bad. This camera OPTICAL zoom is pretty good.

I found it on [Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=JVC 28x&tag=feerite-20&index=blended&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) for $239.99 … I think it’s the correct model 28x optical on it.

he asked about image stabilization, not zoom.

yes, the digital zoom is garbage.
and yes, optical image stabilization is WAY better than digital.

Uhh, he was asking about image stabilization, not zoom capabilities. There’s a difference…

You’ll need some kind of software that will read the MiniDV cassette via whatever interface you’re choosing to use, but so long as you have that, video transfer is cake. Plug it in, hit the button (whichever it is in your program), and you’re there.

J-J-JVC is J-J-Junk, at least when compared to Canon or Sony.

Oh, oops… thanks for the heads up, I could’ve sworn he said zoom lol

Well I guess I won’t be getting this.

Might be better to get a camera with firewire then.

linked back the kitty picture? My first post got eated.

this also seems pretty expensive especially for a refurb. you can get one cheaper new at places like costco.

not a bad deal…considering i saw a way older model camcorder going for $300 cdn at a thrift store… good woot

Not sure what you mean by HD… you mean the High Def digital hard-drive/flashh based cameras? They cost an arm and leg!

Anyone know if this has Firewire?

I need to start posting responses to lonelygirl :wink:

Hard Drive.

I think he means Hard Drive (HDD)

Yeah, I sell cameras at Circuit City. This camera goes for 199± brand new. And open box (refurbished) with all original accessories would bring the price easily down to 150-160 bucks. I didn’t read the entire thing, but I saw a guy say there’s no firewire cable. Those are easily 20 bucks separately. So, this is honestly a pretty sorry deal. I’m not talking up Circuit City, don’t get me wrong. But I wagging my finger to this buy.