K Vintners Syrah - Three Pack

Isn’t the problem that wine acquisition vastly outstrips wine consumption, not that you drink too much?

I WISH I could drink enough to be near liver danger territory. It’s rare I can do 3 bottles in a week. :frowning:

These threatening ‘you’ll be sorry’ comments make my fingers itch anxiously. Eeeeek.

How much do you have? Which ones have you tried, how do you compare them, got any notes, etc?

K Syrah, Syrah,
Whatever will be, will be,
The future’s not ours to see,
K Syrah, Syrah,
What will be, will be!

Here’s a link to a shortish video blog review of 2 of their other K Syrah’s:

http://www.thewinerychannel.tv/home/channel.php?id=3&page=videos&selected=hot_legs

Click on Episode #51. That Smith is an interesting guy, to say the least. The reviewer loved the “French-like” quality of the Syrah’s.

And for you Roessler fans, check out episode #29, down the page.

Thanks for posting the WLTV episode…watched the whole thing…amazing!..ordered 3.

My favourite part was the ‘the oak monster is very scary’. lol And the blade!

I also really want to try the Cab/Syrah blend, now. I’m digging the restrained, cool-climate, European approach - well, in theory at this point.

Maybe there’s something about March. Last year there was a certain Cuvee R Syrah deal that I wished I could have been in for two on. I will not make that mistake here. In for two. Awesome winery guy, just check out the video. I am also assuming these will last a few years or so, so this will give me some room to let them age.

Glad you said it before I had to…

[How good is this deal?](http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pOdQQ7rhbbjpkHtnaQNxlUg" title="How good is this deal?)

What, no green wine this week? Hardly a deal if the wine is wine-colored, is it? Well, I suppose if there is a good discount that would work, too.

Click the link above for price comparison, CT prices and links, etc. etc…

Wow, the CT scores look good for this wine. And at $20 a bottle delivered, great deal. Looks like I’m in for the third week in a row. My wife’s going to kill me. Would love to Lab Rat this one!

In for one. Still learning about Syrah…

why no connecticut??!?!

I would double-check your figures. On the front page, price should be $20.63/bottle. On the second page, it looks like you linked it to only 2 bottles…?

Arrrggghhhh…! Just finished off the last of them this past weekend. I should’ve ordered 3, but then I think I would have been divorced by now. Anything over $100 in good times, and over $50 in lean (now) has to get the proper authorizations. And like she’s gonna let that happen.

Hey, Cellartracker lists the drinking window for these wines as drink before 2012. Would that be an accurate assessment of the window, or do you think they can age for a much longer time like some of the higher-priced wines that are sold under the K-vintners label?

How did Connecticut fall off the availability list?

It’s our punishment for Joe Leiberman, isn’t it?

Bleh!!

In for 1 after watching the GV video… Interesting guy! No rattage 4 me as I will be gone this week.

So then some bio-dynamic wine producers are OK? Seems that dancing in the moonlight waving cow horns has been a contention in the past. Then there is the whole question of who has been foot pressing those grapes?

I want to know a bit about production. Obviously the results are good - (Observation from Gary V and a quick google) - but I’m wondering how much of the price is effective wine making and how much is paying for hype?

I am very impressed with this offering, considering that K Vintners is one of the best syrah producers out there. I own a couple already, including “The Boy” syrah. This was a no-brainer. Bravo to WD for securing this deal. Looks like my kids are going to state schools after all.

I watched the Wine Library TV video…Charles Smith rules. :slight_smile:

In for one.

Not Leiberman. It’s a St. Patrick’s Day punishment for Chris Dodd’s Irish real estate deal.