K3 Waterproof Bags

I’m really interested in picking up one of these…but can’t decide between the duffle or the “regular” long roll-down top bag. Any thoughts? Pros & cons anyone?

Thanks!

The duffel has larger opening so easier to pack and unpack. Long vertical bag forces you to stack things which means if you need something at the bottom, you have to pull everything out.

The duffel bag allows you to really compress the bag down with the center compression strap. With the long bag, you can only roll it down so many times before it’s impossible to bring the buckles together.

On the long bag’s side, it’s made to store standing up taking up little footprint. While you can do that with the duffel, it’s not packed that way and it’s not as stable so may be prone to falling over. It’s why SCUBA divers use the long bags - space (footprint) is a premium on boats.

How are the dimensions for the 10,20,or 40L dry bags measured and rated capacity ??

I’m not quite clear on what you mean. Are you talking HxWxD? Also, the specs state these have Class 3 Waterproofing. I’m not sure how it’s measured, but I have this bag and it’s been in pouring rain and stayed dry inside. I’d honestly not feel bad if it fell in the bay, as long as it came out in a couple minutes, I wouldn’t leave it there for an hour or anything. K3’s website doesn’t have any info on how the bags are rated, just what the rating is. You might try Googling for how waterproof ratings are measured.

The 20L bag is 23.5x14.5x9. Is it HxWxD??

Close-ish. Since the bag appears to be circular on the bottom, my best guess is that it translates to Height x Circumference x Diameter. K3’s website didn’t really clarify, either.

I received the 20l dry bag and am embarrassed to say that I have no idea how to close. There didn’t seem to be any instructions on the website. Any help?