Kai Tan Ren 9-Piece Knife Block Set

Zatch: Something not even money can buy: the knives of Kwantsu.
Iggy: Knives? Oh yeah, seriously. That’s something money can’t buy. Knives. Once I went to a cutlery store and said ‘Here’s $100,000, can I buy a knife?’ They said, ‘NO. Money can’t buy knives.’ Gee, I guess that’s why you hardly ever see any of 'em around.
[Later]
Iggy: On the third day of the expedition they came across a giant rubber plant. Unfortunately, they could not cut it down, for as we know, money can’t buy knives. Walking around the plant, they continued on the shores of Patusan.
Zatch: Is there no way we can shut this chattering monkey up?
Lt. Spence: You know, I’d cut him. But, I don’t have a knife.

Own them. Love them.

I’m waiting for the Kai Red Stimpy knives.

enough with the cutting comments please.

Talk about some sharp looking knives.

So want that.

payday is tomorrow though :frowning:

This is a really killer deal on some nice knives.

Just remember: these are NOT stainless steel, so you actually have to take care of them or they may rust (don’t dishwash, don’t let air dry, wipe them down) The advantage is that these will be WAY sharper than stainless steel. If you’ve never owned a set of high quality knives, this looks like a great one!

What happened to the rest of the knives in the set? There are two empty knife slots in the block and a spot for the sharpening steel.

Where is the rest Woot!

picked up the nikiri knife and its actually a decent blade to use on vegis… Nice light but solid weight that cruises through a bundle of carrots faster then a touchpad sale

HAHA! there are only 8 in that picture, good catch. haha and if you read the description close enough, they only say there are 8 knives and 1 wooden block hahaha!

I hav noticed that before, Its almost like not all of Woot’s servers update at the same time so depending on which one you connect to you get one or the other during the switch.

The DJIA is up so I’m in, while I can afford one!

Is there an advantage to using a magnetic strip instead of the block? Do they stay sharper longer? Just wondering…

Hmmm… you can use these to adjust your keyboard you just bought when you get mad after being fragged.

No matter how good the deal I really don’t want to buy knives unless I’ve tried them out. It may be a great set, but if the grip is wierd for your hand it doesn’t really matter.

Bought these on sellout.woot and love them. I’ve already cut myself several times because I’m used to my old, dull knives. If you’re looking into them for cooking, I recommend them highly. If you’re looking into them for stabbing, I would guess you could make a good slice and run away before the person even realizes they’re bleeding. Win all around.

Atleast they’re not refurb’s. Bump for more people to buy a good set of knives. If only I needed some.

so if memory serves me right next will be a tommy bahama luggage set

Got a set in the last woot-off for the same price. Excellent knives and an incredible bargain. Not Shun quality, but surprisingly close.

The problem with knife blocks is the deep inaccessible holes where food and dust can get trapped where you can’t see it or clean it easily.