KAIWEETS VT02 Voltage Tester

KAIWEETS VT02 Voltage Tester

1 Like

Finally. Too funny.

:w_shocked:

3 Likes

This person is using cloth gardening gloves to handle live wires? Really?

4 Likes

Probably the same genius who claims the Aduro wall tower outlets are safe because the vendor says so.

3 Likes

So are you saying not to buy this…

Nah, just that the photos suck

But also, not to rely on it as a sure fire way to know if a wire is live. If you need to know, use a multimeter and test voltage to ground/neutral. These are useful but not infallible, and electricians have all kinds of clever nicknames for these things, many of which make reference to the folly of relying exclusively on them.

1 Like

How about just plugging a lamp in the socket. Just as effective and doesn’t require one to belong to a union in order use it. :crazy_face:

An incandescent lamp will work if an outlet is wired backwards.

1 Like

I mean, right!? Everybody knows that you a re supposed to dip your hands in water, first. geesh…

1 Like

I don’t think you have to belong to a union to use a multimeter, either, but… are you sure that the bulb in the lamp is good? I’d trust the meter before I would the lamp. But then again, I do enjoy playing with live wires, so… what do I know?

1 Like

We’ve all done this right? But make sure you wear oven mitts and speak British.

lol… why go out looking for power lines? I just built my own Tesla coil and use that. Of course, I forgot to speak British. Maybe that’s why I can only get 4" sparks… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

My friend had a tower in her side yard. She once ran into it with the lawn tractor. Good times.

1 Like

I’ll go you one better… I ran over the gas line out by my shop with a push mower! Had to call the fire department and everything. I am just SO glad that that thing didn’t spark when I hit it! :boom: :fire: :bomb:

1 Like

Oooh that could have been a bad day. I’m glad it worked out ok.

1 Like

Or just use your bare hands and a metal fork. Yeah… That’s the ticket.

1 Like

Now that I look at it, they look more like the classic “Ove You’ve Hot Surface Handler” heat-resistant gloves. Maybe they misunderstood that the lines were potentially hot…

Thee toaster-in-bath method of shorting an electrical grid wasnt enough?