Kaleidoscope White Wine Blend Six Pack

The white oak was a 2007 as well and I found it to be excellent. I would definitely drink these pretty quickly though. As long as they were built relatively well they should still be good.

Why buy wine from California?

Tastes great? Less filling?

And please answer that with a note on the acidity as well. With nearly 80% between Gewurtz and SB in a cooler AVA, I’m imagining it’s relatively high (which could also account for the 2007 vintage…was probably lip-cutting a couple of years back :slight_smile: ).

iByron

it did come to mind when tasting.

My first wine.woot purchase! I am a sucker for Gewurztraminer and at this price I couldn’t say no to trying this blend. Thanks Woot!

[labrat]

I hosted a little “wine tasting” event today. Our party consisted of 2 pretty strictly red wine drinkers and 2 who tend to choose white wines.
All enjoyed this, agreeing that it was crisp, light, and not-too-sweet; just what my red-only friends said they like to have on hand when hosting a party.
My other friend & I declared that we would be happy to drink Kaleidoscope at their party, and proceeded to finish the bottle waiting to be invited, determined that we could taste maybe some pear in there and wishing we had another bottle… or that we hadn’t shared.

I really enjoyed it. It is not complex at all, a really simple, crisp, only mildly sweet white wine. I drank with a couple of red wine lovers and they liked it fine.
I hope that helps.

The elusive WineDavid sighting. Generally a bad sign for our credit cards.

Labrat? Or just a strange coincidence?

I enjoyed the Kaleidoscope wine today at my sisters home and have to say it was a pleasant tasting wine. Not the signature sweet I had expected that I usually anticipate a white wine to exhibit. I’m good for placing a purchase. THANKS WooTwine!

I don’t remember what was in the Triacipedis, but maybe this price point triggered the memory. That was some good budget white wine. Any chance of a new vintage?

I just saw a link that suggests it’s available at Cost Plus World Markets for $8.99. If true, it would be one of the few opportunities to buy one of a woot wine before ending up with another half case (or three) for 17% less per bottle. (Of course, woot does provide handy storage boxes…)

Oh, and the review said, “but in the end it has turned into a true treasure to find amongst the value wines. With a Semi-sweet, vanilla/tropical fruit taste and a floral, melon/peach aroma this table wine was silky smooth and refreshing to the last drop”

{edit}
I just noticed that the review was posted July 2010, so Cost Plus may no longer carry this. My apologies to those I confused.

If it was, I’d be in without a second thought, summer is coming soon. I just loved the Triacipedis, a nice crisp and steely white for a hot summer day.

This wine sounds to me like it will be a fairly typical example of a ‘traditional’ decent (meaning Coastal rather than Central Valley grapes) California white generic. I’m not sure how absolutely sweet it will be based on the description, but it will be aromatic (floral/tropical fruit) based on the grape varieties in the blend, and that will make it seem a bit sweeter than the residual sugar might suggest. Back in the old days, it could actually have been labeled as a varietal Gewurztraminer!

This will be a change from usual CWW (cheap white wine) fare of inexpensive California Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc, which tend to be finished just a bit sweet. (Cautionary note: if your idea of CWW is Muscadet or Macon Villages or dry Pinot Grigio, you may not love this.)

As a 2007, I’d say this is a drink before Labor Day sort of wine. It will be plenty fresh this Summer, but I wouldn’t really want to go another year with it.

Kaleidoscope White Wine Blend Six Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: thomaskelly427
Speed to first woot: 2m 2.787s
Last wooter to woot: ticomike

In for two…could this be an early sellout? $7 a bottle when you order a case, temps on the rise outside, good reviews, drink now…

RATS - was ready to score two for my wife & friends, but alas for once - no shipping to Iowa… sigh…

[labrat]

Long time WineWooter, 1st time Lab Rat! I received my 1st Golden Ticket and was very excited to be given this opportunity. I rarely comment and am by no means a pro at this, so here goes!

I received the 2007 Kaleidoscope. I chilled it upon arriving home from work. Popped it open about 20 minutes later and poured a small glass to taste.

The aroma was very pleasant. I was getting a lot of fruit…melons and peaches would best describe it. Took my first sip and was not disappointed. It was smooth, semi-sweet with a “kaleidoscope” of tropical fruit flavors. If you like a sweeter (but not overly sweet) white wine, I would say this would be your wine to get. The hubby and I enjoyed it very much and will definitely be in for some more!

Thank you very much to WineWoot and WineDavid for this opportunity!

My residence is in Illinois, but I am working on a long-term contract in Iowa. Would it be possible to have my shipment rerouted there?

In for two. My wife and I our big fans of Gewurztraminer and Riesling blends (we have a favorite we often bottle at a local vintner when it’s available), and with summer coming up this will be perfect for sipping by the pool and relaxing on the deck with some fresh fruit, cheese and crackers at sunset.

I’ve tried this one in the past and it’s a nice crisp semi-sweet providing a perfect balance to the spicy Asian dishes we like to whip up… and at $7 a pop delivered, you can’t beat the price.