Kalorik 2 Quart Deep Fat Fryer with Removable Bowl

“If everybody fried their food, there would be no war” - Bill Dauterive

Looks kinda flimsy…plus I don’t really need a reason to eat much more fried food! :wink:

No kidding. All I use is a pot and a frying basket that fits perfectly inside it. A spatter guard seals the deal.

I used to have an electric frying bucket but with all the cleaning involved I only felt like using it maybe 4 times the whole 6 years we owned it. With the pot and basket I can fry anytime I get the urge, then the whole mess goes in the dishwasher or a quick hot water and soap scrub in the sink.

Depending on how much stuff you fry and what you fry, oil can last up to several uses, as long as you strain (cheesecloth/coffee filters) it after it cools, store it in an airtight container and preferably in the fridge. Just keep track of different batches of oil for different things (like seafood should have it’s own batch…and if herbs are put in the oil, it can infuse it). When it starts getting kinda dark and cloudy, it should be discarded (either into your vegetable oil-converted car or pour it into the soil somewhere…it’s natural oil). This unit also tops out at 375°F, so you don’t need to worry too much about burning the oil (as long as you stick w/ vegetable, canola, peanut, safflower and a few other oils…olive oil and others don’t handle much above 300°F).

A lot of foods require 400+ degrees for frying. Be watchful and make sure this fits your needs.

Most foods will be just fine in this fryer though!

Actually, if foods are fried correctly, not a lot of the oil stays in the food…but if it’s something heavily breaded/battered you’re frying, the breading/batter can easily add up.

Most cooking oils are made out of vegetables.
What could be healthier than more vegetables in your diet?

We use our salad spinner all the time. The rest of those may be useless, but not the salad spinner. Our friends have a deep fryer and it’s great for when they have parties and make us fried shrimp. I just fry stuff in a pan, though, and I still haven’t learned what people do with all the oil, once they’re done frying with one of these. Do they just chuck a quart or two of oil, every time they use this?

Actually it’s only $104 at Amazon

The oil is reusable for quite a few times. Even longer if you’re frying the same thing over and over again.

Fill a giant gas/oil can every time you use it and bring it to a local auto parts shop such as Advanced Auto. They usually take used motor oil at no cost to you. This oil applies as well.

funny how Americans are addicted to fried food, fast food, and everything not healthy… Yet our country has one the highest life expectancies in the world.

You can also convert your car to run on used cooking oil… Your car’s exhaust will smell like fried doughnuts or fish… but people do it.

actually, your salad spinner is great for removing surface moisture before frying :slight_smile: i love a multitasker.

I guess (if you think 38th is “one of the highest life expectancies in the world”).

i guess it’s still in the top 20%

Wow! The Cornballer!

I got one of these bad boys on Black Friday from Kohls for 30 bucks after rebate:

Presto ProFry 9-Cup Deep Fryer

So what does this 2 quart one do for double the price that the ProFry doesn’t?

It’s the new 2009 redesign. Now temporarily legal in the US!

Clean up a lot more easily?

The difficulty of keeping most electric deep-fryers clean is easily their main drawback, IMO. They usually aren’t made for easy washing and this one seems like it may have solved that sticky problem.

Yup, just below Cuba (no kidding)…take that for what it’s worth…