Karcher 1700psi Electric Pressure Washer

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Karcher 1700psi Electric Pressure Washer
$79.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Manufacturer Recertified
product(s): 1 Karcher K 3.91 MR 1700psi Electric Pressure Washer

Warranty: 90 days from the manufacurer or from woot ? I’d hope from woot as never hear about the manufacuter.

It was on regular Woot, and it was 1800 PSI for $89.99.

This was on Woot (the regular) the other day…

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1680127&count=186

the regular woot was like 89.99 and it was 1800 psi i think

I wonder why there are so many of these refurbs available. Because the PSI is puny? or the pump? It’s a good price off retail. Almost too good of a price…

The one on regular woot was 1800psi for $89.99.

This one is 1700psi for $79.99.

By my calculation this is 4.705 cents per psi, while the other one was 4.999 cents per psi.

That’s a savings of 0.294 cents per psi … IN FOR THREE

Great brand that gets lots of love in the reviews. Buzzillions reviews

Of course you’d have to take in the factores of the water price + electric on average where you may be using the device. So odds are you will call it “X”

Still more interested on the warranty & manufacturer.

Of course you’d have to take in the factores of the water price + electric on average where you may be using the device. So odds are you will call it “X”

Still more interested on the warranty & manufacturer.

Good for people who are in an area with drought.

Some places req. these to wash during the daytime.

Your forgetting that after low sales, the price was dropped to 49.99 on regular woot.

really?

hrmm… I was able to overcome temptation on regular woot, but they’re tempting me once again…

i wasnt. i’m too weak for woot.
:frowning: in fact they have too much of my mula

Saving $40.00 and getting something like this that has been used really doesn’t set well with me. Electronics being refurbished is one thing, but something that may have had strong cleaning agents run through it and had been banged around in a garage and driveway is different. would rather get a new one.

I could be wrong in my opinion here,
But a refurbed is an item thats been taken apart, cleaned, tested & certified to be in ‘like new’ condition. Especially if done so by the original manufacturing agent.
After all, they have a reputation to think of, not just a sale.
Whereas, a new item comes from an assembly line where possibly every 100th or 1000th item may be pulled to check for quality!
As a home owner, actually its in my wifes name but I live here a lot…, I need a washer to clean the deck, the siding, the drive, the cars, the lawn mower etc etc etc…
But since I dont know squat about washers, will this electric washer with only 1700 psi do all that?

Although the price is good. You may want to invest in a PW with greater PSI if you plan to use it to clean a deck or house, etc. Plus…you may not want to use electric.

No offense woot, but I would be weary buying this. I worked for a nameless department store about 3 years ago remodeling the store. They were too cheap to buy new rubber tile so I had to pressure wash the old stuff. The old tile was as dirty as you could imagine, especially because used lawn mowers and treadmills were previously on them. With an 1800 psi electric washer (different brand) I barely got the dust off, but when they finally let me use their big boy, 3400 psi gas washer the tile was like new. I got old oil and grease stains off, not to mention just random stains from who knows what. With better, gas washers you can always change the settings so the pressure isn’t so high if you want to wash your car, or keep it strong for siding to your house, etc. I undrestand the price factor, but thought I’d throw this in…hope it helps. Plus, in all my years doing landscaping and remodeling I have never heard of this brand…not necessarily bad, but…