Karcher Electric Pressure Washer

I own this one or a very similar model from woot a couple years ago. It is great for small to medium jobs. I use it a couple times a year to clear some green stuff off a shady concrete patio. I have washed a deck with it, though if your deck is big, it might not be the right unit for a major cleaning. I have used a gas model and prefer this for ease of use.

I also have very limited storage space, and I like this unit’s very compact footprint.

For $80, I think it’s hard to go wrong with this.

As with any product, there are lemons, sounds like you got one. I am not sure advising someone that they need a Generac gas model to rinse off their sidewalk is recommending the best product. Not everyone needs the fastest car, the chainsaw with the biggest bar, the fanciest espresso machine, or the highest PSI pressure washer. My issue with the gas model is similar to why people buy battery powered lawn tools - they don’t work quite as well as a gas model, but you might actually use them more. Which is the better deal: the one that works somewhat less efficiently at cleaning but you can use all of the time with minimal time wasted on setup, teardown, and maintenance; or the one that sits in the corner of the garage except for the occasional once a year cleaning? You used yours and it broke on the second use, which was after warranty - this means you likely used it once in a year. Maintaining a gas engine for once a year use is crazy IMHO - I would just rent one if I really needed the power of a gas for a once a year use and let the rental company take care of it. You could probably rent 4 times for the cost of buying a decent gas unit and have no maintenance.

I was given this unit as a gift and have replaced two of them (both within their warranty periods.) Both times the connector stripped off (all of it has plastic connections.)

The manufacturer doesn’t even want them back. They say cut the power cord, send in the “proof” that it’s cut and we’ll send you a new one.

If you need a light duty, cheap washer, these are easy to use and painless to setup and operate.

Karcher was very easy to work with during the return process so they have that as well.

I have a Karcher 1500 PSI pressure washer that is very similar to this model that I bought from Sam’s about 12 years ago. I use it several times a year for cleaning the deck, siding, patio and driveway. I prefer it to a gas model because I don’t have to worry about gas, oil, annual maintenance, you just plug it in and go. If it ever dies I will definitely replace it with another Karcher, this one would be perfect if I needed it!

Karcher also has a lot of accessories available, I bought this deck cleaning attachment that makes the deck and sidewalk cleaning go even faster. http://www.amazon.com/Karcher-Deck-Driveway-Surface-Cleaner/dp/B009XC47FU

Some really terrible reviews from verified buyers on amazon. When every single version is plagued with issues there is really no point in buying it just to save a few dollars and add a lot of headaches.

Great. One more thing to pressure me.

Caught my eye because I’m in a condo with a porch, but no spigot for a hose. At a glance, I thought this might have a reserve to hold water.

I’m sure most people assume it requires a spigot, but I think this product is presented on here in such a way as to intentionally mislead some of us into thinking otherwise.

The main photo does not show the 30ft hose, the action shots show only the spray, the description makes no mention of the water supply. You just need to assume by reading the specs and noticing it has a hose, that it requires a spigot.

thanks for the feedback. i think we assumed most folks would look at the information provided and interpret that the washer requires a spigot.

certainly we don’t intend to give people the wrong impression about a product. i apologize if we were unclear about its features, and i am going to pass this feedback along so we can avoid confusion in the future.

Yep… I do think most people would think that this power washer needs a water supply, and that supply would not be from a tank or self contained “reserve” that might provide 10 seconds of power washing.

Haha, yeah. I have this and it’s a great light/medium duty pressure washer. Easy to set up, use and store. Buy it yourself and charge him ten bucks every time he uses it. You’ll make all your money back and more.

Got my pressure washer today. Used it for a few hours so far to clean off the sidewalk and started working on my back deck, and also my siding. So far so good. I am impressed with how well it actually works! I was not aware my steps/sidewalk & back-porch were that dirty until after I power-washed them.