Keep Driving

That looks more like a restaurant than a motel to me.

I like the design, but not on a shirt. Maybe a poster. Please launch prints.woot!

Thanks so much for selecting this for Hallowoot, SW! Ah yeah, and I’m part of the West Boo-Foo mythology now!

I’ve stayed in a few motels but never been eaten by a zombie so clearly I’m doing something right.

Warning signs of zombie infestation:

• Mysterious glow behind the motel
  • Neon sign spells out ‘Zombie’, that’s considered a bad omen
  • Lightbox sign is the only word zombies know
  • Blood stains, banging on motel office windows, general moaning
  • No free cable (not conclusive)

Stay safe kids!

You’re exactly right, I hope. Creepy, bloody and a little goofy. :^)

Thanks for the great comments everyone!

Must be some NBA player zombies to be able to get bloody handprints on that sign…

I’d be interested to see how this one prints.

Reminds me of my time working Night Audit in a Bangor hotel, with black and white photos of local landmarks that can be found in Stephen King books (most notably IT), some of which shared a wall with the suicide room that still had the bullet hole in the ceiling. Ah, good times. I never did go in there with the black light like I said I was going to.

Nice design! And that motel sign is a great example of Googie (not google) architecture.

Wow, grants, Spiritgreen! This is awesomely awesome. And awesomer. I’m moving soon and trying to cut down on the closet, but dammit - I need this shirt!
BTW kiddies who are concerned with the print: I’m currently wearing my just-arrived Lucky Park shirt, which was extensively halftoned. It looks great! Yes, you can see the tones. But anyone you’re letting close enough to you to see them, too, had better be a REAL good friend.
In for one! And telling a friend…

I seem to recall Spiritgreen is from the UK. Must be a Cockney thing. :slight_smile:

I agree…

re: the handprints on the sign. Obviously, it is a simple matter of forced perspective. The camera was much closer to the sign than the motel. The sign is actually about 10 feet tall in total, which explains why the zombies were able to change the lower part of the sign but could not reach high enough to repair the letters up above. (The fact that they spell out ZOMBIE is just a happy coincidence.)

Glad to be of help.

Thanks. Now I’m sitting in Chicago at 8:45 am craving an animal style double double. And it’s all YOUR fault.

Another one of those designs that makes you marvel at what’s possible with screenprinting these days. Awesome work, Spiritgreen!

wow SG… sign me up for a clinic in night-glow-halftoning! I’m not a zombie-shirt guy, but this design is soo impressive. congrats on the print, and hope you get another one this weekend!

All’s I got to say, is that’s a pretty good story posted there, woot. More plz?

Anyone else notice the the still-lit letters in “Zimmerdale Old Bridge” from left to right go:
Z-O-M-B-I-E

Wow, what an amazing print, Spirit! The color work here is just awesome. A must for any fan of the undead! Great to see you print for Hallowoot :smiley:

Also…

http://bassanimation.com/tmp/dancingspazzcat.gif

You knew it was coming!!

We can’t stop here. This is Zombie Country.

In keeping with the Woot trend, I’m confident that Motel has mice, also.