Keller Estate 2007 LA Cruz Vineyard Chardonnay - 3 Pack

1. Indeed the Martinellis planted vineyards on the backside of the hills. Can’t remember when though. We planted back in 1989 when Domaine Carneros was also planting by the corner of 37 and Lakeville. We were actually “warned” that the fruit might not ripen and we might be stuck selling to sparkling producers for the rest of our lives! Ha!

This is a perfect after work glass of wine, I always call it my comfort wine! Thanks for joining!

Item2! No we are not related, our Keller actually migrated from Switzerland to Mexico and from there to the US. Hence we called the winery Keller Estate (also convenient that Keller means cellar in German) and we named our vineyard La Cruz (to keep part of our Mexican heritage alive and well).

Happy so say that aging Chardonnay is wonderful! The acidity in this wine will keep ity lovely for at least 3-6 more years.

Native fermentation and innoculated for the ML.

We are striving to showcase the minerality of our soils. The Petaluma Gap region where we are was part of the San Pablo sea beds, the heavy clay soils retained this minerality which makes the wines hold on to natural acidity and very mineral driven. It is a very much a “California Chardonnay”, however we really focus on elegant wines that have a lot of mouth texture.

OK to drink now and will age gracefully for 3-5 more years.

Ana,
I believe Michael McNeill was winemaker when this wine was Harvested and fermented. Who replaced him / was resposible for final blending and bottling?

ahh! I always call this my wine! Michael fermented it, and Ross Cobb put into bottle.

is that bottle of wine planking? friends dont let friends drink and plank

Ana, thanks for the great input today. Petaluma Gap is an intriguing appellation. what other wineries source from this area?

Our vineyard: la Cruz Vineyard sells fruit to several wineries such as Flowers, Arista, Zepaltas, Byron Kosuge among others.

There are many growers in the Petaluma Gap, but not a lot of wineries, so it is hard to find wines made exclusively from fruit of this region. Most of it ends up in Sonoma Coast blends.

The current percentage breakdowns equal 101%. That’s a neat trick.

It’s called rounding up/down. As in 73.5 becomes 74 and 73.4 becomes 73.

So chances are that two of the sets end in .5 and both are rounded up to then next 1. Thus the 101%.

Common error in spreadsheets, where rounding is common for display, but during calculations it uses the actual numbers.

I’ll tellya folks, this is some good wine!

Don’t delay, pop one today!