Kelty Redwing 44 Backpack

I’d buy it in a second except for the color. I wish they had the orange.

What size is this pack? S? M? L?

I believe is medium based on the torso measurements - 14.5 - 18.5 in / 37 - 47 cm

Although Kelty state this is a one size only

Got one for the wife on a previous sport.woot and she loves it. Color is nicer than in the picture.

I got this from Woot a couple of weeks ago. It’s a nice pack. I like the blue…

The only thing I’d say is that I read it was good for smaller people, which I wanted. For me, I have the straps and waistband pulled as small as they go and it just barely fits me. (I am 5’7" but only around 100 lbs.) I think I can still pull it off, but it’s a good size pack. It’s adjustable in terms of how much it expands so it can be smaller or larger, but it feels pretty huge when I’m wearing it.

Here is the link from the manufacturer:

Again?

44 liters, which is medium volume. As far as fit, medium is probably right. I have the previous version and the one size “fits all” pretty well.

Kelty says this one only comes in one size (the 50L model comes in S/M & M/L) but it does fall in the same range as the S/M when you compare the stats.

Edit: I’ve bought 4 of these in previous woots for myself and as gifts. The color is actually really nice, so much so that I actually ordered that color in another Woot purchase on a different size pack. The orange is nice, too, though. I haven’t been disappointed in any of the Kelty colors except the Java.

I have what I guess is the original version. It’s absolutely great. I got it for a month-long trip to Europe and it was perfect for that.

I’ve since taken it on day hikes, camping trips, sleepovers, short backpacking trips, and tons of times on airplanes. It just barely fits as a carry-on and holds enough for a weekend or a week.

It has enough structure to hold itself in the right shape and distribute its weight well, but little enough that it doesn’t get in the way when you store it or pack light. The strap is wonderfully comfortable.

For seven years, it has worked absolutely perfectly. Nothing has broken or even so much as slightly degraded. Kelty has always made the highest quality products, and this is a shining example.

In case you couldn’t tell, I cannot recommend this backpack highly enough.