Kelty Redwing 50 (4 Color Options)

If you order the S/M does that get you the 2650 cu in size or is it still the 3100 size?

No M/L left? I would’ve been all over this, but at 6’4" 250 lbs I don’t buy anything small :frowning:

Aaargh! Sold out of the large, CRAP! Please get more of these…ASAP.

Remember that the airlines are not going to check the web for the listed size of the bag. This is a soft backpack with compression straps. Cinch the straps down and don’t pack it to the max. I have never seen the gate agents actually enforce the carry on size limitations even when I wish they would. But as long as the bag, as packed, when it passes the gate agent, fits in the little size-o-meter, you should be good to go.

I’ve been on the fence for the 44, but not thrilled about the bright colors. I just pulled the trigger on a charcoal for essentially the same price. I’m glad I saved my birthday check. Now I just have to justify why I need a backpack to the Wife.

Glen

Get her one too, go somewhere! :slight_smile:

No one bought the L and want the S? I’ll buy and trade or scalp if I need to. Really looking to buy a lifetime pack like this.

Would have bought one but no M/L left.

Would the S/M pack work well for a 7th grader Boy Scout?

^-- Ditto!

In reference to a backpack, what the who-ha is a “daisy chain”?

*Packbag Features:

Hydration compatible
Panel loading
Zippered side pockets
Reservoir sleeve
Mesh water bottle pockets
Side compression straps
Ice-axe loops
Daisy Chain
Key fob
Large front pocket with organization
Carry handle*

It’s the little loop bits directly below the Kelty logo. It’s good for clipping small things to.

I’m pretty sure the size difference doesn’t actually change the backpack size, but the strap sizing (waist and shoulder?).

There is some overlap in sizes too.

I do hope this one comes back once in a while. I got the 44 because that was the only one coming back regularly, giving the impression that the 50 was never going to be on woot.

Uhm, aren’t the only color options on something light blue “light blue” and oh, yeah, that’s it, light blue.

Got the Redwing 44 last time (Cobalt one) and was hoping for another one to come along…well here it is, in for one!!! There is never enough backpacks!!!

Quality post, that. Thanks.

I purchased this pack from Amazon a couple of months ago for a two week trip through China, and it has been fantastic. Great build quality and easy to adjust. Even when it was nearly full to capacity, it can be cinched down to fit in the overhead compartment of an airplane pretty easily. I am 6’2" and 175lbs, and a Medium/Large was perfect.

Hoping someone can chime in and help me. I’m 5’11" and 155 pounds. I don’t have anyone to measure my torso accurately so I tried to do it myself and got close to 19 inches but I’m not sure that’s accurate since I tried doing it by myself.

Anyway I’ve been waiting for a pack this size to come up and I really want one but I want to feel more sure that the s/m will fit ok.

I’m 5’11" 180# and got 19 something inches when I measured myself. I have ZERO exp but I’m betting you (ideally) would want the large.

I think I got one of the last larges at like 9am eastern time. Given the number of times the 44 was up here, I think I would wait and hope, pray, beg that the Powers That Woot run this sale again.

Is it just me or did the write up change? I’d swear I saw something about funerals earlier.

I agree. It’s clear there weren’t many M/L’s to sell, but this is one item I really hope they make an effort to bring back AND with a good supply of the larger sacks.