Kensington 150 Watt Portable Power Inverter

Kensington 150 Watt Portable Power Inverter

$14.99 + $5 shipping

condition: New

pricing for future reference

Clever… fit’s in a cup holder…

How much extra is the Spackle?

looks like they were going for the cupholer there…

anyone remembers when sellout had 1 cent items? i think they need to revive that idea. been way too long.

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

New Kensington 150 Watt Portable Power Inverter, for $14.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Kensington 33214 150 Watt Portable Power Inverter

To access the price comparator links, click here
And to compare with Froogle, Amazon and eBay, click here

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

Its a good deal $ wise, $50ish everywhere else…

Oooooh, fits into a cup holder. From the pic it kind of looked like a trash can.

Wow, I think this is the first power inverter I see with detailed and real specifications with uncertainty and everything !

I Bought one! YEAH !

Many newer vehicles which do not have an actual cigarette lighter (they instead have a Power Port) can and will likely blow a fuse using these higher current devices. Many newer vehicles only have 10 and 15 amp fuses covering these power ports. Just be ready and have a few extra fuses around to replace them when they pop. Also, because I am sure that there are still plenty of people out there who still do this, NEVER put a higher rated fuse in as a way of preventing them from blowing. The fuse is there so that the wiring does not have to act as the fuse. Vehicle fires are not worth having the extra gadget or two connected and overloading your cars electrical system. Besides, having a GPS, cell phone, DVD player, laptop, satellite radio, radar detector, cool effects lighting, portable electric cooler, and inverter in your car might possibly be a distraction to your driving. If not, then I am truly impressed.
Nite Wooters

So… would this work for charging a small media player? The only reason I’d want/need one of these would be to use a usb cable to charge my mp3/video player I use at work. Now I know a usb device would work, but would it drain the car battery quick or need the car to be running? The player in question (a Creative Zen) charges rather quickly…

I think i may be dumb? So uh, is this any good. I feel ignorant.

Yes, this is a great item. This alone eliminates the need for car chargers for cell phones, mp3 players, etc. The USB charging port is also a huge bonus.

Is the wave form “Regulated Modified Sine Wave” suitable for cell phone charger, notebook computers?

Maximum Efficiency: 90%

thats too low for me, unless its 95 or higher i wont buy it

Here’s a picture of what the output looks like.
http://www.wojack.net/Our%20Solar%20System/MODIFIED_SINE_WAVE.GIF

Believe it or not, this is more than suitable for your cell phone charge and notebook computer. First, most notebook computers draw much less than 100W and surge to less than 150W. Second, a lot of people will complain that the Modified Sine Wave is horrible on the electronics, and thats true, but only when you actually use AC. The very first thing your plug is going to do (in case you’ve ever wondered what that black box is on everything) is invert the power back into DC. Thus, you should be more than fine as long as you are inverting it back to DC. If you don’t see a black box (inverter) in the line between your plug and your electronics, don’t plug it in. That is unless its a regular old fashioned, congressionally banned incandescent, which will work on DC, AC, or whatever else you want to throw at it.

Senior Electrical Engineering student reporting, who specifically asked his world renown Colorado Power Electronics Center professor this very question about 4 months ago. I’m buying one. Just keep it unplugged when you’re using it. 4W idling.

I also wouldn’t be worried about blowing fuses, my macbook charger is rated at 1.5A input, 3A output, well below any concern. Just don’t be stupid with it.

Ok I lied, I just bought 2.

I think this is a very good deal. I just got one it used to be $50

OK…I have one drink holder and one cigarette lighter in my car…Is this some kind of underhanded scheme to keep me from smoking and drinking …if it is…Oh , how long is the cord?