Kensington FX 300 Speaker System

i bet if i held this underwater it wouldn’t work for long.

negative is better than free
i don’t know who would pay to give it away, but it definitely IS better than free :slight_smile:

(37th post…IN A ROW???)

A Zune Review:

http://www.zuneboards.com/accessory-reviews/review-kensington-fx-300-portable-speaker-system.html

"So yeah the packaging was alright, like I said before it was free so the price was what that caught my attention not the style or anything.
Well I opened it and I was impressed, it wasn’t exactly crap quality and the material seemed pretty sturdy. Also it came with two AAA batteries. First thing I did was put my Zune 30 in the pouch and it fit PERFECTLY. I then closed the case and there was nothing bulging or any abnormality. Not bad for free speakers.

And then Pandora’s box was opened… I stuck in the AAA batteries and turned on my Zune playing I Could Be Wrong by The Starting Line and the batteries ended up dead. I had to use my own batteries. I put in my own and then it worked. The volume on my Zune was at 14 and when I turned it on it was just DISTORTION DISTORTION DISTORTION CRAP DISTORTION DISTORTION. I cursed out in Korean (SHEBA SEKKI), yes I know Korean curses though I’m Chinese.
I ended up reading the Manual and it said something about turning down the Mp3 volume to 60% to avoid distortion. I turned it down and it the devil noises finally stopped when the Zune volume was at 10. Then I turned the speaker’s volume to max. Then the distortions were back… SHEBA! I had to turn my Zune down to 8 to actually hear it clear. With the speaker’s volume at max and the Zune at 8 the volume was STILL LOW. The volume of the speakers were equivalent to listening to someone’s conversation on the phone. And no I am not exaggerating, the volume is lack of a better term… crap.
If I could describe the speakers in one sentence:
Crap speakers but works well as a Zune carrying case, but then again it might be just my Zune because it recently dropped into a puddle of dirty water…"

The post above seems a bit silly, considering you DROPPED your zune in the water…

In for 3. Seems a waste not to.

I am sure someone will use it. I have 3 kids and lots of friends and relatives. may make it into my merry wootmas presents if I keep them long enough.

Thats true, thanks for info.

Is this thing really MONO? Does it make any sense to have a mono speaker for music?

Ha ha…I did the same thing…
Not sure they are worth the 10 bucks.

Too bad it has nothing to do with todays item…

I got one of these from Buy.com for $10 (shipping included). It’s okay for what it is–a speaker to use when you want your speaker and player shielded for some reason (e.g., outdoors or in a workshop) or want sort of a “unibody” player+speaker system. I think it’s worth it if you have some reason to want something like that. I think the sound is not as good as the LG speakers that were a two-forTuesday item on woot about a month ago. I buy things like this because I have hearing problems that make headphones problematic for me to use.

ummm isn’t it today’s item??

From the woot description -

“What do I mean? I mean that, um, there’s some reviews purporting QC issues with these things. Now, when it works, people are loving it! And when people contact Kensington, they seem to be very good about replacing the defective products. But still, there’s no telling which one you’ll get until you open it. But that’s the risk, right? And what’s life without risk?”

Has woot sunk so low that they are selling KNOWN crap? C’mon, what a lame way to clear out your warehouse. I’ll pass and donate my money to a CHARITY thank you very much.

Yes, it’s really mono. I think it’s more useful for podcasts or talk radio than for music.

Thanks for the info. Going to go see if that offer is still available

those LG speakers are my favorite mini ones. plus that deal last month was sweeeeet; especially since i had just broken a pair of those the week before.

wish i had gone for 4 or 6 even instead of just 2. lo’l

Woot hasn’t sunk this low. They started this low. They’ve always had the habit of selling known crap, and they’ve always had the decency to let us know that it’s crap.

Here are some reviews from Amazon US

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000HOWEG2/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

and we have always… devoured the crap and begged for more!

HAHAHAHAHA, that is awesome, I just did it! Thanks for the tip! I’m definitely letting people know about this little deal…

In for one…for free…at buy.com…with Google. Sorry woot :frowning:

Thanks. Just did that. This will be perfect to listen to audio books.