Kensington Laptop Docking Station

Hmmm…bought it for my niece’s laptop, which only has 2 USBs, but after reading further posts, it would be handy for Me, and the 4 external hard drives that I have to plug and unplug all the time!!
Should have bought 2!

^^X^^

There has to be a driver installed, although it may be automatically included and installed in the Operating system without a separate download.

-GG

Won’t use it for my laptop but sure will be nice to charge cell phones, kindle, and other things that we charge via usb.

Still a good deal. Cheapest was 15 USD on Slickdeals.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=385548&t=2683757

Ummm . . . who has five phones?

I am not disagreeing with you but many people may think that you will have to mess with some disk and a set-up. Both OSes see it and will apply the appropriate Driver already in the OS. No research or futzing required.

Everything requires a driver, Even Miss Daisy! :slight_smile:

a family with four kids

A family of five?

I was gonna pass on this til I saw this post about charging USB devices w/o laptop being on. Thanks. In for 2.

There are 6 of us so 6 cell phones, 3 ipods, 1 kindle, and numerous other devices. Always something that needs to be charged.

families with 3 kids? and several mp3 players, kindle, gps, etc. My family uses at least 10 devices that are charged via usb. Also, many people have a workphone and personal phone. I used to have my regular phone and a nextel from work that I took home each night.