Kensington Wireless Optical USB Desktop for Mac

Just like it says:

And, uh, don’t get offended, but…it also works with PCs. We wouldn’t want to be exclusionary.

oh, and for those of you who are asking if it’s PC compatible, READ THE DESCRIPTION!

La typo du jour - “It’s there do its job, not to take sides.”

And, uh, don’t get offended, but…it also works with PCs. We wouldn’t want to be exclusionary.

oh…well, I guess people who want to sell alot of products …

Read a review on amazon that said it comes with another set of batteries, so 6 batteries in total (2 for KB 2 for mouse 2 to be ready charged)

Just for the mac?

Actually, it does. Sorry to ruin your fine jape…

Mac product! Cool. I have one and like it. Good price, nice woot.

Don’t sweat it. I’ve been using a wireless mouse for 10 months and the “low battery” warning is just showing up for the first time. Wanna recharge? Buy rechargeable batteries!

Actually I knew that, hence the lol j/k part, but you didnt qoute that now did you :-p

I’ve always had bad luck with Kensington products. The problem is with the driver software. Physically, the product is contructed poorly as well. The upside is that it’s cheap! Just don’t expect to have it long.

I plan to get this to hookup to my Macbook when I’m actually staying in one place with it.

One question tho, for all you googlers out there…do the extra buttons along the top of the KB all actually work with the Macness? My windows keyboard has about 30 extra buttons, and only a handful work. If this thing has a forward and backward and volume and etc etc etc, I want it to actually control things! Is that too much to ask?

Plz help lolz.

hmmmm…make that dos typos du jour “And the whole ding-dang bundle is backed a five-year Kensington warranty…”
Who’s reviewing the ad copy nowadays woot?

Just a reality check for everyone:

This is just a normal keyboard with an apple key instead of a windows key next to the spacebar. USB is not propietary for mac. 3 button mice aren’t even used by mac in the first place.

If I were going to run OSX on a PC I would get this… I think I’ll probably just wait until they take off their restrictive ban on what hardware you can use it with. Sorry, overpriced hardware does not equal better quality. It equals laziness and spending less money supporting a variety of cheap hardware. Until I either buy a new laptop or they release OSX hardware independent for Intel, I’m not touching it. I can get a much better system for much cheaper building it myself and there aren’t any significant problems with windows if you only know what you’re doing.

Amazon reviews (12 total) average 3 out of 5 stars, though some are 2 years old. Lots of complaints regarding shift+click or option+click performance and keysssssss sticking. FYI.

So is the photo wrong or its depiction as Mac wrong?

The plus key is shown as double height. Macs have an extra keypad key instead.

Extra buttons above and left add to desktop space required. What uses are they set for?

-Ken

With as much why-not-me whining as you Mackerals do ya’ll better buck up and buy this!

“Eliminate cord clutter and hassles”

Please…you’d be eliminating one friggin chord. and what hassles does one usb chord give you? I think you’re going a little over board with the descriptions here…

Still not sure if i want this or not. I have a PC and a MAC(not my choice). It may persuade me to use my MAC more often,Oh well, i tend to use my PC 90% more than my MAC, anyone wanna buy a iMAC?