Kent Rasmussen 2008 Esoterica Petite Syrah - 3 Pack

Woot! Woot! WOOT!!!

In for 2. I love Kent’s stuff!

His wine I mean! His WINE!! (Get your minds out of the gutters people.)

:wink:

I drank an 08 back after the last offer, and thinking back on it, I’m pretty sure it was closed tight. I enjoyed it, but remember thinking it was very subtle. How long of a decant for these would be recommended to drink in the near term? I’m not sure I’ll be able to hold them for 20 years. . .

Ordered the 07 & 08 last time around. They were FANTASTIC after a quick pass through the venturi.

I’m in for 2 this time around, although I’ll definitely set most aside for later.

Thank you Mr. Rasmussen!

Sigh…SIWBM.

No Vermont for this one? I bought Kent’s RAMSAY Pinot on here last month and that offering shipped to Vermont.

What gives?

In for 1, can’t wait to drink one.

Dip into november?

Hours. I haven’t had this vintage, but my guess is three hours at least, and very possibly a few more.

This is simple. Autobuy x3

Kent Rasmussen’s original PS on here was what got me to love a good PS.

While I typically say, “Can’t wait to try it!” With this one I can and will wait. :slight_smile:

Auto buy. I might get in trouble at home because I bought 4 bottles of KR pinot at Costco yesterday. If you live in the LA area it is at the Hawthorne Costco.
KR you are the man and I blame you for the tongue lashing I will get when this arrives.

Forgot the ramsay was also KR’s wine…so ditto on that question given I could ship to md on that? Is this another epic typo?

Kent,
How would you describe your esoterica line of wines compared to your KR brand? Are these “non-mainstream” wines that you like to experiment/play with to see what you come up with?

Not sure if I should already know the answer to this, but am interested in your perspective.

No MD = two thumbs down…wine.woot is such a tease right now with about every other to every third being offered here.

I can’t handle the pressure… just got the 2007 Jean Edwards Cellars Syrah delivery (yeah I know this one’s a Petite Sirah), and SWMBO is begging for a white… O, the pull of that big gold button…

Last wooter to woot: mike808
SIWBM broken. Auto-buy. In for 2.

Was in for 2 on the last offer. Looking forward to the '09 release for the vertical win.

Last woot on 02/18/11 was for:
1 2008 Esoterica PS
2 2007 Esoterica PS

I recently opened a bottle of 2001 Concannon Vineyard Petite Sirah Reserve that had been properly cellared since it’s release, and it was sublime. I was surprised how well it had aged.

I’ve yet to get a good definition of what a red wine is going through in this “dumb” phase???

I had to get some. It’s my first purchase here - just joined. I hope it’s as good as it sounds. :slight_smile:

Time to start playing Tetris with the cellar again. Got some more bottles coming in now!

What’s the consensus about opening one within the next few months (say…if you’ve got family stuff over the holidays)? I can let two bottles sit for years, but that third may need to get opened.

That sounds about right. My belief atm is that ideally you drink it at nine or ten years old, then until it enters dumb period (I’ve heard 10, 12 years, not 15 but variance might make it possible, and I’d never contradict Kent!), you then hold it til it’s 20, or 25, after its (roughly) 10-12 years of dumbness. Then I presume you have another 10 or 15 years to drink it!

The earlier you open it, the more you’ll need to decant, of course!

love the cellar Tetris gag!

still my most favourite woot t