Kent Rasmussen Esoterica 2008 Vermelho Forte 500ml - 3 Pack

I had the Meyer port that was on here a few months back and loved it! How would this compare? I went through that other stuff so fast I would love to add port back into my wine cooler and especially from KR.

Just based on reading, I’m guessing there are going to be significant differences between the two, if for no other reason than the Meyer Port was made with a Zin base and this is not. My knowledge isn’t very good, but based on the fact that is a Kent R wine, you can be sure it will be good none-the-less.

Not really a port question (or maybe it is) but just a general one for anyone in the know. Is there is a reason for the shape of the bottle other than aesthetics? The Meyer Family Port was in a bottle of similar shape. Is this done for a reason? Should this still be laid on its side like most other wines or is there different protocols for port?

This just came to mind as the Meyer Family Port does not sit well on the cheap rack I currently have. If I keep buying from David I’m going to have to to consider some serious storage (hint, hint David!).

excellent! when I’m in town we’ll also have to drink some things. Klez and I often get together when I’m passing through

on the principle that none of his Esotericas are anything less than excellent, even I might risk a California port.

Or drink some of yours :wink:

Thank you for the quick reply!

I am so close to pulling the trigger just based on the name behind it and the fact that I have no port left. I guess I will wait to see if anyone has tried this and what their thoughts were.

My 100th woot. Help me.

I’m tempted by this one. I would be even more likely to if someone in SW Ohio wants to split it.

Does “gift week” mean something special?

During gift week I believe there are two items listed each day, instead of the usual one item.

Ohh, nice. Thanks!

“This wine is a classic “vintage port” type of port (ie., not ruby).”

Can I assume (based on the “not ruby” statement) that this is a Tawny port?

EDIT: Or have I oversimplified Port classifications?

*$%#&( WD. You got me twice in one day. In again!

Edit: I’m actually pausing here. I have a lot of dessert wines… I need more info. Kent! Where art thou?

Ageability? Intended style?

Correct. We’re all screwed.

Gift week is less of an oddity now that there are daily wine.woots. “Back in the Day” when there was only a weekly wine.woot offer, Gift Week was a big change-up from the weekly offering to a daily offering, most of which were non-wine.

Recommendation: When the $40 Balsamic Vinegar comes up, buy no less than 2.

WineDavid, also request a check on MD shipping! - yet another state that the Ramsay went to and the second time since then that a KR Esoterica offer hasn’t had it…

If this goes to MD my ideals of sticking to a budget this December are dead;-)

As it is if any of the VA wooters would care to share a bottle I would happily buy one off you!

This is a good suggestion.

Except for the part where it’s mostly non-wine. Although the Balsamic might be costly.

Oh boy, going to have to work some overtime to pay for wine woot addiction… Work hard and drink hard I guess.

No, the quotation you posted was written by an idiot! Vintage port IS ruby port. It’s the very best kind of ruby port. Both are red. The opposite of Tawny port, which is brown.

This will be a kind of ruby port, but better than the shite you’d find in your local store. Not made with 3-5 varietals as you’d find in Portugal, but KR does know his onions. And, more to the point, his grapes too!