Kent Rasmussen Esoterica 2009 Grenache Rosé - 3 Pack

And I still don’t understand why the wine is up-side down???

Well, even with Esoterica being a usual auto-buy I was hesitating on this because I am moving into a new home in a few weeks and the last thing I need is more wine to move, plus we are not into rose’, but your post made it impossible to pass it up:

Kent Rasmussen Esoterica 2009 Grenache Rosé - 3 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: siwbm
Speed to first woot: 0m 20.377s
Last wooter to woot: time2testit

If someone could shine some light on this, why is it that some wines can be shipped to Connecticut, but others(such as this one) cannot?

Just got one to celebrate my upcoming birthday. I can’t resist the pink Rosé wine in a cobalt blue bottle that “Served cold it is the most refreshing wine you will ever have!” Thanks Kent-- I’ll let you know if I agree with you.

Hi Kent!

I had the pleasure of visiting your winery in Feb 2010 with a dozen other wine.wooters, the weekend of Dark & Delicious. As I tasted SO many wines that weekend, please forgive my memory - but I think you might have let us taste this (or maybe another) rose?

I am THRILLED by this offering, because not only is it yours, but an Esoterica and I love your innovative approach with this line. Furthermore, rose is my favourite everyday type of wine to drink, and Grenache roses are the best, IMO. I do tend to prefer deeply coloured, juicy Spanish-styled Grenache roses bursting with fruit - but NOT Cali overripe un-roses! - as opposed to the paler, more sharply acidic, mineral, delicate roses common in France.

It sounds very much like your rose is in the last style, which I DO enjoy but tend to drink less of than the more intense, super-fruity style of rose. Since I find appearance - in terms of depth of colour (pale to deep) as well as hue (peachy vs pinkish) - a good general predictor for my palate, could you describe the colour of your rose? I would be most grateful!

-Julia

The only other question is - how many sets should I get?

ETA: I think the blue bottle is a gorgeous, classy, creative and eye-catching look; my only quibble being that it masks the actual colour of the wine, an important factor for me when choosing to buy a rose. Roses alone seem notable for always being bottled in clear glass, at least in my experience. This Esoterica rose may be the first to use coloured glass, let alone blue!

Oh, humbug. I don’t often drink rose, but I told myself that day that if it ever became available here, I would make an exception. It was scrumdiddlyumptious.

Thanks for givng us a shot at this wonderful wine! It’s not one to pass up, people.

When I saw KR Esoterica, I immediately placed an order for three. Then I noticed Tennessee is not on the list. I bought the Esoterica last time- what’s up with that? It’s a mistake and you’re gonna fix it, right??

edit: TN was on the Woot list for KR for the first time ever on 6-28-11. Now, on 7-25-11, TNs not on the list. Kent, did you take out a license for a month’s trial basis?

Ahhhhh Kent…you had me at “hello.”

Well, technically you had me at “Esoterica”…but I digress. In for 2! Mmmmm…Can’t wait to try these!

In for half a case. I can’t wait. For the love of all that is holy, make me a rat. I promise I’ll write a wordier review this time.

It depends on the licenses that the winery holds. If they don’t have CT, you don’t get to buy it in CT.

With that said- Kent is this a typo or did you give up CT?

This stuff was a exxxxcellent when we tasted it on the RPM tour last year, and I’ve been watching for it ever since.

I saw “Grenache Rosé”, and immediately thought of this commercial.
(I’m guessing Kent’s wine is just a little bit more sophisticated … prettier bottle, too!)

I love the blue bottle! I would buy some now, but not with the summer heat and I’m not going to be at home for the next month to receive them (I’ll be all over the place, not just one location).

Been looking for a nice crisp white for summer, but no shipping to Tennessee!? Oh well…

At some point recently, I’ve decided I’d just rather have a glass of rose compared to a glass of white. Perfect timing on this!

Hi, Kent! That was one swell rose, I remember it well from our tasting on Tour!!

Thanks for making this available to us!!

This is an absolutely ideal wine for the hot summer days with foods you’d otherwise drink reds with - you need some substance and body, but also refreshing flavors.

Anyone who takes my recommendations seriously should not hesitate before it sells out!

Is this one also orange?

Between KR’s reputation and a unique wine that sounds perfect for summer (and is made with Rose in mind from the start), I’m in!

plus - a stunning bottle that makes it look like Romulan ale is a bonus.

:slight_smile:

Figures. This would be an auto buy but no love for CT. Odd because I’ve bought Kent’s Esoterica series on Woot more than once before.

I know, I just did a few weeks ago. I don’t get it either. However, find a wootlegger, fast, while this is still here…

While the blue bottle leaves me cold, in for two for summer drinking.