Kent Rasmussen Petite Sirah (3)

Kent Rasmussen 2009 Petite Sirah 3-Pack
$59.99 $133.00 55% off List Price
2009 Kent Rasmussen Petite Sirah

What states can this be shipped to? I’ve ordered from this winery before and had shipped to NY but now am getting a message saying it can’t be shipped there. What gives??

I only bought one trio, but I still dream of the last bottle of this I had some years ago!
Buy! Buy! Buy!

Oh you sweet purple nectar. I love you so much I would marry you and have your babies. Why won’t you come to TN? I love you long time!(well till the bottle shock is settled).

Darn you state law! You are like the Capulets and Montagues… Keeping true love apart! I’m not going to kill myself, but if I had a bottle of Kent, I’d kill it :slight_smile:

Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:
California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Wyoming

I think that the shear number of confused commenters on the state shipping thing just goes to show how many casual wooters there are out there that are affected by the situation. I mean, in every thread there’s griping from the more active wooters who are aware of the situation, but it amazes me how in every thread there’s some totally clueless person(s) asking what’s up. It just keeps coming in wave after wave and is exemplary of the business being lost during this time; not just the normal everyday people but the many people who just swing through every now and again who will quickly learn to turn their business to another site.

This woot was the last woot I got before the shutdown on shipping and I’m glad I got some.

I still like to complain about it every chance I get. I’m so upset as Woot is my primary source of good wine and I love to read all the wooters comments. Y’all are trustworthy. Have never been steared wrong and yet, now I have to tolerate what I can get at the regular stores.

I agree with you 100%.

The confusion comes because when you go to the link “free the grapes” there is nothing stated why the State of Wisconsin can’t get wine delivered. Then to really confuse the crap out of you, after a visit to the wineries website you can actually purchase the wine direct from them. Then you have the woot people saying that they are just the happy medium between wine supplier and the public and that the wine is actually sold and shipped from the winery itself, but if that was the case you should still be able to ship to WI. I am not a random browser of wine woot, my 187 bottle wine rack has been replenished with woot wine for three years and is 98% woot wine. I am not sure what is going on either because nobody from woot will answer the simple question. It is just listed as “Buzzkilling Legislatures” I’m about done with woot altogether.

They know just how much business they are losing, and don’t like it anymore than the consumer. The problem remains that complaining in this forum does nothing except allow venting. The real outcry should be directed at our legislators.

Read the thread. The problem is specifically with a third party model. Free the grapes documents the direct ship states, but the new wrinkle is the 3rd party issue.

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5551637

I agree, there is a lot of implication and innuendo. Basically, from what I can surmise, whatever is going in in NY has implications for all of the other effected states because the wording of the law in NY is so similar or the same as the other states. Furthermore it is a woot policy to remove the effected states. There are no ongoing legal proceedings against woot, or any other website provider that I’m aware of, and I can still order from the other sites I used less frequently in the past.

I could be wrong, but that’s what I can surmise.

I am especially disappointed by the elimination of Georgia from a lot of these offerings. I am not a casual wooter but I may become one.

I dunno man, a Sonoma brother recently hinted that it is a woot policy rather than a black and white legal matter. I can still order from Wtso and others. I say vent away.

From what I can tell, it’s definitely not a black and white legal matter (legal issues generally have tons of gray anyway), and it is a woot policy, but it’s based on the issues in NY. Woot appears to be taking a preemptive stance while things are being worked out.

Sounds right.

Now I can’t get this wine in MO? WTH??? I’ve ordered Rasmussen wines for years. Not a happy camper. :((((

I think it’s also a matter of liability; WTSO is a small, private company, as are many of the other sites out there. Woot! may operate independently, but they are owned by Amazon, which is a gigantic corporation. You can bet that if anyone in the history of third party sales were to be sued, it’d be Woot!, as deep pockets attract the leeches (to mix a metaphor)…

Did you even read any of the posts above?

Pseudo TT comment: back to the wine, no?