Kershaw Ken Onion AO Chive Rainbow Knife

I have the Leek version (received for a Christmas several years ago) and also the “gold” version of the same knife. Pretty good knife. The finish holds up pretty well as far as wear goes, but you can scratch it if you try.

I think I would prefer the bigger size to this one. I have a Chive, but not with the shiny finish. The chive would be handy for carrying around in a dressed up environment, or as mentioned before in a ladies blue jean pocket. If there is a downside, the finish is pretty slippery when wet. But it does look much nicer than Kraton, or other grippy material. I did carry my Leek around a lot, but now I prefer a Leatherman Skeletool. YMMV

looks like a whole lot of people is ready to slab one another or something!!! why not carry a kitchen knife? versatile and all sizes to fit your outings!

This knife has slain many a unicorn.

Want to catch fish … put something shiny in front of them and their impulse is to swallow it.

Want to sell a knife to impulse buyers , make it shiny and their impulse is to … well you get the idea.

Seems like an ok knife though. Wonder what it sells for minus the optical coating?

$30.48 at the moment.

About $ 33 here:
http://www.gpknives.com/kaichive1600.html

i got one last time at the same $. it is what i currently carry everywhere. great steal that keeps an edge well, theyll sharpen it themselves if you care to send it. made in america, good action and a smallish size for eaze and laws. if you dont buy this, you suck,look in the mirror and go punch your self in the face untill you fall down. or just buy one, seems easier to me.

atomic steal goes through a heat treatment to make it all colorfull-y. that process also hardens it nicely. only good steal can be so treated so it is a mark of quality. and even if all this wasnt true, whats wrong with a pretty knife? i like my cars and woman pretty as well. it stabs just as well, if not better.

Would this be a good way to get my 5 year old daughter interested in playing with knives?

Does sharpening affect the color on the blade edge?

Yes. You can see from the third photo down that the blade edge is normal shiny steel color.

These knives are extremely well made and work great. However, the blade tips are paper thin and should not be used for any heavy tasks. I may return the one I bought because I cannot imagine using this very long before the super thin tip breaks.

Sad to say that for me Amazon has finally killed off Woot. No more amazing deals to be had just a lot of meh deals and some outright “no damn way this is a deal” deals.

RIP WOOT - (for me) 2006 - 2014.

And this rainbow colored knife is what pushed you over the edge?

How very strange–I would have thought it would have been the $40 honey!

I’ve had this knife for years, I want one with no flipper or safety for left side carry.

What’s this? Another knife that I can’t get shipped to WESTERN NY because of stupid NYC laws?

No, it just happened to be the one of the many suckfests of so-called deals that I happened to be scrolling through at the time. $40 dollar bee feces would have also done the trick I guess.

Technically, it’s bee vomit.

Is the clip removable? Provided you have the fancy star-shaped screwdriver, of course.

Just one more!