Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Knife (3 Blades)

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Knife (3 Blades)
Price: $39.99 - 44.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Oct 20 to Wednesday, Oct 21) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Knife (3 Blades)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Knife (3 Blades)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Kershaw - Google Shopping Ken Onion Blur Knife (3 Blades))

I have a small knife collection and a few pretty great daily carry options. The Blur is definitely my first choice when a slightly larger folded length is an option. Its thin handle makes it comfortable in jeans, though for dress pants I tend to grab something smaller.

Highly recommended!

I have between 50 and 100 knives, most of which are daily carries. But the serrated tanto Blur is one of favorites. In fact, it’s the one in my pocket right now! Oh, and it’s made in the U.S.A.

If you are comparing price at other sites for this model, be sure that you are comparing the same blade length along with the steel composition makeup for the blade. This one at Woot, the blade is reportedly made from Sandvik 14C28N

Over at Amazon, the Tanto Serrated:

List Price: $127.40
Price: $65.14 & FREE Shipping
You Save: $62.26 (49%)

It’s rated 4.6 out of 5 stars!

Link over to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Knives-1670TBLKST-Onion-Tactical/dp/B00ERXBAFA

This is an awesome knife at a good price. These look to be the versions with Sandvik 14C28N steel, not the S30V. I prefer the 14C28N because it’s a very “well-rounded” blade steel. It is easy to sharpen, and is reasonably corrosion resistance (treat it well and you won’t have any problems). It would be nice if it held an edge a bit longer, but there is always a trade-off, and just a few quick swipes with a sharpener and you’ll have a nice, useable edge again.

When I say trade-off, I mean that when choosing blade steel, you can pick only two of the three:

Good edge retention
Ease of sharpening
Good corrosion resistance

14C28N offers easy sharpening, fairly good corrosion resistance, but falls a bit short on edge retention.

S30V offers great edge retention, good corrosion resistance, but is more difficult to sharpen.

I get that these are great knives, but why is it that such a “premium” brand would ignore those customers wanting a left-handed option? Sure, most people are right handed, so I get that that’s default, but my knife is not my primary defensive option, so I tend to carry it in my left pocket, but when the belt/pocket clip isn’t reversible, it’s awkward to pull the knife out and open it in one motion from that side. Get on it Onion!

I’ve been carrying the half-serrated version as a daily work knife for five years now (the same one – and it takes some abuse). I love these knives. Kershaw generally makes a great product, but this one is especially good.

Not that I’m complaining, but why can these be shipped to NY when almost no other knives sold on Woot can be?

Because we said. You should start seeing more knives available for shipping to NY, too.

Why call them onion? Of all the uses I can think of for this knife, cutting onions isn’t on the list.

Ken Onion is the name of the designer of the knife.

They are Ken Onion disign, I’m carrying the S30v and gave my groomsman the tanto. Great knives

This is a good price for a GREAT knife!
The Blur (or my Kershaw Leek) is one of the knives I’ll clip onto my pocket for everyday use.
I prefer the smooth blade, and don’t mind keeping it very sharp, and the serrated blade is also a good option.

I love this knife. I carry the non-serrated version every day. I prefer it over the serrated due to the way I typically use a knife. Also, I find it easy to sharpen.
This knife shows up periodically on Lightning Deal and I always buy one when it does. I own three now with one always clipped to my pocket.
The last one I picked up was the Olive Drab for $34.65.

Check out camelcamelcamel to see what the mother ship has offered in the past for the olive drab version of this knife. It has sold for as low as $31.79.

camelcamelcamel enables you to set alerts when a product listed for sale on Amazon reaches your set point.

“This comment was sponsored by: Camelcamelcamel.com, we alert you of the lowest price points!” (cue jingle)

Yes, my comment looks like a commercial for camel, but I don’t work for, am not affiliated with, the camel in any way. I’m just enthusiastic about that site because they make it easy to shop Amazon and get the best possible price. Did you check it out?

Yeah I love camelcamelcamel! I use it all the time when I am in no rush to purchase something. I was just joking about your comment, that’s all.

And now, a word from our sponsor: Camel. A word so nice you have to say it thrice camelcamelcamel

I love my serrated blur! Got my first one several years ago. I have other Kershaws but this is my go to. It’s a little intimidating looking for an every day carry but it has a lot going for it: it feels great in your hand, has a very satisfying and quick opening, is razor sharp, is made in the USA, and it has a lifetime warranty (and Kershaw has pretty good customer service). At this discount-- it’s about 25% off the price at the mother ship ($63 there, $45 here with shipping)-- it’s a pretty good deal. I have two (both from the mother ship) and paid a little more both times.